Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    Please tell me you play hi res audio though, right?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    Please tell me you play hi res audio though, right?
    Youtube rips ftw!

naw man nearly all vinyl rips from my own collection , or reputable sources

truth be told most crowds wonít give a shit anyway long as itís loud

unless itís a Stella sound system which is rare for the level of gigs I would be playing

if I was playing wack music to a club full of pissheads they can definitely have youtube rips lol

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Beamz to the rescue, zero latency, stable as a muuuhfucka, just looks a bit weird taking it on the bus
    Haha thatís amazing!

Flailing limbs wouldnt look out of place on some of the bus routes I go on😁

DWG Warrior
    I’ve just downloaded djay pro and got a lightning to USB adapter for the iPhone SE but straight away issues arise , I plugged a usb drive into the adapter with some tunes on and the iPhone immediately whinged about not enough power. I’ve got the adapter with the power supply connection too btw

I ain’t tried the dj controller yet but if it won’t power a usb stick then how’s it gonna handle the controller??

fkin computers man.... anyone know the solution? Minefield to google this kind of thing ...

edit found a solution- plug a usb hub in between iPhone and device. Ridiculous. Anyway, still can’t access the files off the usb. Any ideas? Do I need to install an app or something ?
    Last edited by theblend; 28-06-19 at 08:02 PM.

DWG Warrior
    iOS devices can’t directly access external storage devices, it’s part of Apple’s sandbox/security approach.
    You need to make sure any controller you use is class complient, or use a powered USB hub and the controller must be compatible with the App, using an iPad/iPhone isn’t as quite as straight forward as using a Mac as iOS has its own foibles.
    You can transfer any audio files you have into your phone/iPad using iTunes.

DWG Warrior
    Thanks man I appreciate the info there , will definitely be useful to refer to while getting set up.
    If you know of any good “setting up” tutorial vids off the top of ya head please post , although I’ll be putting in some serious time trying to figure it all out over next few days
    nice one !
    Last edited by theblend; 28-06-19 at 11:21 PM.

DWG Warrior
    update - got that fker working!

was using a lightning to usb "camera" adapter for the iphone SE, but the dj controller (which was recognized iby Djay, thankfully) drew too much juice still, so i hooked up a powered USB data hub just like Mao said and it worked right away!
    The powered usb data hub ive got though is ropey, any suggestions of a good'n? ive read the Anker ones are good but they are pricey..

you were right about the usb memory sticks for file transfer not working. there are definetly apps that can allow them to be used but i went the itunes route in the end to put my tracks on it, which did the trick.

pretty hyped im not gonna lie. finally - can go on the bus with a dj rig in a backpack and not have to fill up a second seat with decks mixer lol
    gotta get used to the controller mind. scratching on jog wheel things is really weird when your used to a moving platter.
    only thing is, theres no lights on or around the jog wheels so you have to look at ya phone to see where your at for scratching etc - which for me kills the vibe a bit, if a dj is staring at any kind of screen.
    might ptry to osition the phone on the controller actually to try and disguise the 1000 yard stare.

i do recommend that controller tho.Denon MC2000, its a solid bit of kit, for the money.
    latency seems to be low and its built like a tank. chuck an innofader in it, and your set.

Thanks Mao (+ DWG FAM!), appreciated
    Last edited by theblend; 30-06-19 at 05:00 PM.

DWG Warrior
    No worries, always happy to hold if I can, on a semi-related note, did anyone else see Madlib’s tweet that he produced the whole of the new Freddie Gibbs record on his iPad ? I wonder which apps he used, I’d guess Beatmaker 3 as a start.