Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    mental... Culture Shock is not cheap (less than current discogs rates), but cool to see that in the wild!

… got my copy from a seller in Brazil with the Audio Two Flip Flop EP... think I nabbed em both for about $100 back when the was strong!
    Mines was 100 (140 Euros) from a discogs shop in Barcelona. The disruption allowance I got from the council for having gas central heating fitted was put to very good use.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    JMF > legendary.
    I remember James saying he was closing and would be having huge sale, 12"s a quid and albums for buttons. Do you remember when he started with about 4 boxes in the back of of mothers chemist?.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    The best ones I've been in would be Bart's in Boulder Colorado, Wax Trax In Denver, and I'd have to say JMF in Invergordon. He had accounts with Pinnacle and Cargo and often gave me first refusal on the stuff that wasn't in the racks yet. After you'd paid for your wax he'd go "Oh wait a minute, have you seen this yet?" and pull out a sealed DJ Revolution lp, Beatnuts etc. You'd happily leave the shop on your lunch break 50 lighter.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ijunor View Post
    I remember James saying he was closing and would be having huge sale, 12"s a quid and albums for buttons. Do you remember when he started with about 4 boxes in the back of of mothers chemist?.
    Wasn't there in them days unfortunately but still have the price stickers on some records. The Xmas / New Year sales, on one visit I left with 80 quids worth of 5 / albums 2 12s.

DWG Warrior
    Depth Charge had the long running ad in HHC for a while right? Small black quarter page and they were selling tapes of Marley on WBLS. Who had the big ad on the inner back page with all the titles listed- for some reason I'm thinking Assassin mail order or something?

DWG Warrior
    I've got a Marley tape on wbls. I wonder if thatts where I copped it.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Depth Charge had the long running ad in HHC for a while right? Small black quarter page and they were selling tapes of Marley on WBLS. Who had the big ad on the inner back page with all the titles listed- for some reason I'm thinking Assassin mail order or something?
    Assassin. Reduced albums and singles sections at the end.