Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

DJ Drops for Mixtapes - Recommendation

DWG Crew

Have any of you guys ever purchase Drops for your mixtapes? Any good/bad experiences you could recommend?

Abs

DWG Warrior
    you mean from rappers and the like? Don't pay for em, just find them online and ask nicely! Don't be scared to try the bigger names either, I found some of them to be more accommodating than some artists much further down the ladder.

DWG Warrior
    I never really understood the appeal of these for amateur DJs. They always sound awkward and try-hard, and they're only enjoyable if the Rapper accidentally mispronounces the DJ's name.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I never really understood the appeal of these for amateur DJs. They always sound awkward and try-hard, and they're only enjoyable if the Rapper accidentally mispronounces the DJ's name.
    I found them handy for the radio. A mate of a mate got Big Daddy Kane to do me one in an airport departure lounge. Unfortunately he called me DJ Step and I've never got round to finding some suitable audio of him saying 'one' that I could edit in.

Best one I got was probably the one Westwood did that I used on the Queensbridge mixtape Tobes and I did.

DWG Warrior
    DJ STEP IN THE BUILDING!

DWG Warrior
    2.32 mark 'One simple kiss..'
    3.33 mark 'I make ONE line...'

why would you pay for a drop?

Chr!s and I did some drops from a mixtape once... we don't charge