Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Biz Markie Weekend Warrior LP

This is deffo my least played Biz lp and I have tried it a number of times over the years and struggled to get through it. Quite enjoyed it tonight.
    What do you think?
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

this track is amazing though!

DWG Warrior
    Need to go back to this too. Cant remember it being especially weak or strong. For some reason I've got 2 copies of the bonus (1 with a poster)
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    Ah yeah.. Id forgotten about that ep RD.. will give that a spin tonight. I particularly enjoyed Chinese Food and Tear Shit Up on the lp.
    (My attempt of making a poll failed so apologies for this now being in the wrong place?)
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    Always liked the ‘Unreleased Weekend Warriors Sessions’ EP ‘So Funkay’ is the joint on this for me.

Just saw this thread and its a coincidence as I was just thinking about Weekend Warrior yesterday.
    I dont have it, its his only album that I dont have.
    In 2003 I used to DJ ever Thursday at a big student orientated club, I did the side room playing hip hop and to be honest I was a bit of a flop, the uni kids were not into the stuff I was playing at all.
    There was a barman who worked in the room ever week though, a young punk rock kid, he said there was a hip hop track he liked, handed me a CD and asked if I could play it, I did and it was the track Raredave posted above Turn Tha Party Out. He had it on some kind of promo CD somehow and it was the firs time I heard it and I was blown away by it, I still think its really dope. It gave me high hopes for the album Weekend Warrior but when the album drooped and I checked it at the store I was really disappointed, I didnt feel it came close to the strength of Turn Tha Party Out.

Thanks for this thread though I might cop that bonus EP.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post

this track is amazing though!
    played this a lot.
    brought my copy from Bigga Records Francois parker (just round the corner where you used to play)

DWG Warrior
    yep the unreleased joints are fun... biz kicking it over classic breaks. essential slept on material. werner got me onto this a while back.

DWG Warrior
    Need to pick this one up, I remember the track on Superrappin II being great but never being excited enough to buy the album.