Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    DWG Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest, UK
    Posts
    3,497
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    this is the correct order!

    1: Long Live The Kane (1988)

    2: It's A Big Daddy Thing (1989)
    3: Looks Like A Job For...(1993)
    4: Taste Of Chocolate (1990)
    5: Daddy's Home (1994)
    6: Prince Of Darkness (1991)

    7: Veteranz Day

    One of my favourite tracks is 'Dance With the Devil'... such a dope beat
    Totally in line with what RD said! And totally agree on dance with the devil....
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

    www.facebook.com/solidnmindrap

    www.whirlwindd.bandcamp.com

    www.kanefm.com

  2. #12
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    620
    I got into hip hop in the late 90s and VD was the first BDK album I heard

  3. #13
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    mine are the order that they were released, but i’ve never heard VD and i don’t really wish to
    Yeah similarly, I only bought the first 3 albums plus the "Raw 91" E.P. After that, just the occasional singles.

    "Dance with the Devil" is an amazing track , really stood out on that 3rd LP. I taped the sampled track off Jazz FM back in about 1993 (would have been Chris Phillips, Patrick Forge, or Gilles Peterson), but I put it down as Curtis Mayfield on my d90 j-card - just looked online, and its a totally different group! (must get now).
    Last edited by Tha_Disc_Eater; 01-09-19 at 03:15 PM.

  4. #14
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,229
    Shame Kane didn't get an album together in the early 00s off the back of the 12"s he did with Alchemist & Premier. Always liked The Man The Icon a lot, and he ripped it on Big L's Platinum Plus.

  5. #15
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    bury, lancashire
    Posts
    5,329
    his verse on J5ís Day At The Races from around that time was fire too

  6. #16
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post
    I put it down as Curtis Mayfield on my d90 j-card - just looked online, and its a totally different group!
    Weird, i did that with the Isley Brothers - Who's That Lady as well

  7. #17
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Norwich Boogie Down
    Posts
    3,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post
    Yeah similarly, I only bought the first 3 albums plus the "Raw 91" E.P. After that, just the occasional singles.

    "Dance with the Devil" is an amazing track , really stood out on that 3rd LP. I taped the sampled track off Jazz FM back in about 1993 (would have been Chris Phillips, Patrick Forge, or Gilles Peterson), but I put it down as Curtis Mayfield on my d90 j-card - just looked online, and its a totally different group! (must get now).
    If youre going to buy the Notations 45, check to see if its the styrene copy as it took a couple of buys for me to land a vinyl version
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

  8. #18
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,229
    was bored at work and ran a quick twitter poll yesterday. Surprised at how it turned out (off 28 votes):

    Raw - 50%
    Set It Off - 36%
    Wrath Of Kane - 14%

  9. #19
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,605
    Quote Originally Posted by record-sniffer View Post
    If youre going to buy the Notations 45, check to see if its the styrene copy as it took a couple of buys for me to land a vinyl version
    Thanks J!

    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    was bored at work and ran a quick twitter poll yesterday. Surprised at how it turned out (off 28 votes):

    Raw - 50%
    Set It Off - 36%
    Wrath Of Kane - 14%
    Bloody hell - just as well you're not in parliament (asking a question like that), or else you'd have caused some kind of Brexit dispute!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •