• Fat Joe

0 0%
  • Diamond D

0 0%
  • Showbiz

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    I reckon Lord Finesse has more good songs than Big L, which is my criteria when judging which rapper is best.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    O.C below Big Pun, Milano, Party Arty, etc... That's a controversial list.
    You could make an argument for Party Arty, but Pun and Milano are unquestionably nicer. O.C.'s style has always irritated me, and his new music puts me to sleep. Buckwild deserves most of the credit for O.C.'s legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Meh, if you're throwing in random 'unofficial members' then Sadat X is much more deserving of a spot on that list than Pun

Not taking anything from him, but I don't consider him part of the crew.
    I disagree. Sadat X was already an established artist with two albums under his belt before he started working with Diamond and Buck. Sadat's first solo album is essentially a DITC project, and he's one of their most prolific affiliates, but he's still just an affiliate.

Pun, on the other hand, debuted on Fat Joe's album over a Diamond beat. He got his start with Diggin' and he appears twice on the official DITC album.
    Last edited by Slappy White; 16-09-19 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    I mean, Lord Finesse has a richer catalogue, but the punch lines from BIG L are just as good, if not better?
    Tough to call.. especially since Finesse helped L out so much.

"I wasn't poor, I was po' - I couldn't afford the 'o-r'"
    Finesse's catalogue isn't that much richer than L's. The Awakening was just an EP stuffed with filler, and after that his output really slowed down. If you include all the demos, freestyles, remixes and guest appearances, Big L's catalogue is pretty hefty.

Lord Finesse created the style for sure, but L refined the style and added an aggressive edge. I love Finesse, but L just sounds better.

DWG Warrior
    I gotta go with O.C. but Big L is right behind him and I think if he would have put out more material he probably would have passed him.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Cant front on Fat Joe's catalogue and longevity though.
    Never realised this guy did anything so recently!

Only ever liked "Watch The Sound" and a few others - the rest I heard were a bit simplistic for my taste, but I shall check the newer stuff to see if anything I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Disc_Eater View Post

Only ever liked "Watch The Sound" and a few others - the rest I heard were a bit simplistic for my taste,.
    Im not a big fan of Joe, but compare the rhymes/lyrics on his first and second album.
    His first album is so basic/simplistic lyrically I could probably freestyle better lyrics.
    His second album he really steps shit up lyrically, I always suspected he got someone else to write his rhymes for this album.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ He did - Armageddon and Big Pun.

DWG Warrior
    The Funky Man for me.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappy White View Post
    You could make an argument for Party Arty, but Pun and Milano are unquestionably nicer. O.C.'s style has always irritated me, and his new music puts me to sleep. Buckwild deserves most of the credit for O.C.'s legacy.
    This is all personal taste anyway but interesting. I personally love OC however never bought anything after his 2nd lp as I didn't like the production on the 3rd album and for me I have to dig the beat above anything else. Unfortunately for him whenever an artist does an album with horrible beats I stop buying everything until maybe I hear a single that is dope.