0 0%
  • Diamond D

0 0%
  • Showbiz

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    This is all personal taste anyway but interesting. I personally love OC however never bought anything after his 2nd lp as I didn't like the production on the 3rd album and for me I have to dig the beat above anything else. Unfortunately for him whenever an artist does an album with horrible beats I stop buying everything until maybe I hear a single that is dope.

Yes. It seems In an attempt to stay relevant, they choose weak beats that don't suit their style.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    L was kind of an upgrade on Finesse's style imo.
    +1

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    This is all personal taste anyway but interesting. I personally love OC however never bought anything after his 2nd lp as I didn't like the production on the 3rd album and for me I have to dig the beat above anything else. Unfortunately for him whenever an artist does an album with horrible beats I stop buying everything until maybe I hear a single that is dope.
    A good example of this is KRS One. No coincidence his releases took a nosedive when he stopped using Premier & DITC and went with Domingo and some weed carrier yes men types.

DWG Warrior
    I reckon AG has not really fallen off, Everything's Berri LP was a great companion piece to Marcberg in 2010.

He changed up his style after Party Arty died to that grown man sad and depressed wave that really fit with what Roc Marc and Ka were doing at the time. Goes with the Ray West beats he spits on a lot nowadays.

Some good tracks on his latest album as well. His slow flow doesn't sound like a throwback like most of his peers still making records.

Fat Joe has steadily got better at rapping over the years and still makes a banger occasionally. Loved all those tracks on bootlegs when he was going at 50 Cent.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    I reckon AG has not really fallen off, Everything's Berri LP was a great companion piece to Marcberg in 2010.

He changed up his style after Party Arty died to that grown man sad and depressed wave that really fit with what Roc Marc and Ka were doing at the time. Goes with the Ray West beats he spits on a lot nowadays.

Some good tracks on his latest album as well. His slow flow doesn't sound like a throwback like most of his peers still making records.
    I love AG, but I put him in the mid-range of DITC lyricists. For me Show & AG are a Gang Starr situation; the MC needs the producer to shine. But I do feel like AG did an outstanding job on Goodfellas, that's one of the best DITC albums ever. And I'd rather listen to AG's new stuff over O.C. or Fat Joe. So that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    ^^^ He did - Armageddon and Big Pun.
    my suspicions confirmed, thanks. .