Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Most of the comments Ive seen on social media about this new Gang Starr track seem to be very positive.

DWG Warrior
    Social media is a vacuous hell hole. Also, people are idiots.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdercassette View Post
    Never thought I'd see a bunch of rap guys collectively going "well, actually..." about Gang Starr of all groups in my lifetime
    Preach, l can't like this comment enough.

When I finally heard this track on a cool fall morning, it was like visiting an old friend. The Voice on a Primo track; the soundtrack to countless summers returned again. It's not perfect, and (gasp!) had a modern rapper on it, but that wasn't the point.

Step in the Arena was 28 years ago -- that album isn't being made again. And after all the shit they went through at the end of Guru's life, with Solar and comas and all, I doubt Premier is looking at this at a cash grab. I mean, first vocals released in 16 years - that's unheard-of restraint in a rap world that loves to cash in on the deceased.

DWG Warrior
    Rare Dave makes good observations (as always) - there are some interesting edits, and the "Bladhead Slick" rhymes point to a particular period where Premier wasn't directly involved. Makes me wonder as to the origin of these vocals.

DWG Warrior
    The vocals are from the Solar era so probably recorded around 2008.

I forgot about the situation with Solar, just been reading about it again.

DWG Warrior
    Was it the article on hollywood street king fp? It certainly makes for interesting reading (the failed robbery with Shug was a particular revelation). An interesting bit of reading on this shitty Sunday.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

gotta say this track is warming on me...

Quote Originally Posted by ijunor View Post
    Was it the article on hollywood street king fp? It certainly makes for interesting reading (the failed robbery with Shug was a particular revelation). An interesting bit of reading on this shitty Sunday.
    No, Id be interested to know about this robbery with Shug, do you have a link to this please.

DWG Warrior
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en