Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

hiphop enterprise - legit?

Look like bootlegs, but are they official??

DWG Warrior
    ?
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    They put out the Tragedy 25th Anniversary LP, Back To The Lab CD etc

DWG Warrior
    Well established community member runs it, it never crossed my mind they weren't official

Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    Look like bootlegs, but are they official??
    Hello Stilts,

I'm Michel and the owner of HHE. I haven't been on this forum for many years but someone hit me up so I'm taking some time out to address you on this.

Every release is 100% legit and every artist, producer or label gets compensated.

About the Tragedy release, first of all, it was always the intention to use the original artwork. I have been a head since the early 90's and for me a reissue should resemble close to the original. There's a whole story to this but in the end just know the artist was paid, the music licensing was cleared with the record company but I never received a clear answer about the artwork rights. Just because I want to do everything right and do not want any bullshit over artwork rights, I decided to rework the cover. It was based on the alternate cover of the original and the whole thing was aimed at doing an ode to QB.

The album is a certified classic in my book but because of the low key cover and limited promotion back then it never went where it should have gone. This time around I wanted to make it stand out, but in retrospect I do realise the outcome was over the top. I was a rookie in the game but I'm man enough to say it should have been better period...

Back to the Lab was issued in collaboration with Andreao Heard and Dope Folks and was mastered for CD.

In 2019 I stepped my game up and will continue to do so in the future, constant elevation is mandatory in life.

Peace