Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    This looks good, is it an Ikea Kitchen countertop and Ikea legs?

    Is it fastened to the Kallax units?
    No, the counter top and legs are from the local home depot. And yes, the legs are fastened to both the Kallax units and the counter top.

  2. #12
    i'm also trying to find something at the moment... will keep an eye on this thread!

  3. #13
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Espoo Finland
    Posts
    8,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov View Post
    No, the counter top and legs are from the local home depot. And yes, the legs are fastened to both the Kallax units and the counter top.
    Did you get a piece custom cut?

    Any links to what you used?

    Might have to copy this approach but I'm not that handy.

    Sorry for 20 questions
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

  4. #14
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boogie Down Bournemouth
    Posts
    202
    Could you not get a Coffin case for your mixer and decks ,i think they do them in battle style?
    Then just plonk it on your existing table ?

  5. #15
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Espoo Finland
    Posts
    8,562
    Coffins are even uglier than my previous set up.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

  6. #16
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Did you get a piece custom cut?

    Any links to what you used?

    Might have to copy this approach but I'm not that handy.

    Sorry for 20 questions
    Can't find a link to the legs I bought, but they're kind of like the IKEA Capita legs but adjustable in height and you can fasten them on both sides.

    The counter top is like the IKEA Saljan counter top, and yes I had it custom cut at the home depot.

  7. #17
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    546
    my set up is approximately the same as Smoov here
    a 2 by 4 expedit and over that I have a custom cut board with 2 capita legs in the front standing on the expedit and 2 very long adjustable legs in the back that stand directly on the floor

    the turntables are pretty high compared to the usual tables/desks but it's better imo as you Don't have to bend and break your back

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by shadout View Post
    my set up is approximately the same as Smoov here
    a 2 by 4 expedit and over that I have a custom cut board with 2 capita legs in the front standing on the expedit and 2 very long adjustable legs in the back that stand directly on the floor

    the turntables are pretty high compared to the usual tables/desks but it's better imo as you Don't have to bend and break your back
    that's pretty much what i'm doing... been mad busy lately but hopefully will get it done in the next couple of weeks

  9. #19
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    625
    U can get that kitchen surface stuff from B&Q Homebase etc that what I used on some kallax style cheapo cube unit from wilko which I reinforced with those metal L shape bracket things

    sturdy as tho maybe not as polished overall appearance as some of the above mentioned setups

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •