Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ↑↑↑
    I ignored Supreme Clientele, even after I bought it (I found it for next to nothing in a retail park on the outskirts of Tokyo) I still never paid it much attention, then this year (maybe last) I realised how good it is!

I will defo check the Warren G album after reading this thread.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Great album. Imagine how good it would've been if Suge Knight had allowed Snoop, Nate etc to feature on it. I think the only people glad they didnt get clearance were The Twinz.
    nate blessed regulate of course , is also credited on “do you see” also but I’m not sure he actually is on that track unless he’s doing the backing vocals in the chorus ? (such a good track, that slowed down “mama used to say” sample is just so dope and the vocals are mad catchy )

I would love to have heard snoop on that lp tho . That situation was messed up with death row splitting up the crew like that
    Last edited by theblend; 03-10-19 at 09:53 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    I will defo check the Warren G album after reading this thread.
    give it a few listens if it don’t grab you right away like myself I thought it was pure cheese when I first heard it , but as previously stated I have grown to love it for the masterpiece it is!

Jay Z - The Blue Print.

I bought and liked Reasonable Doubt when it came out, it was cool and I played it to death.
    But then the next few albums he released I just couldn't get with, I'm sure they have the odd track on them I'd like but I didn't buy any of them, or even tape them of mates who might have had them.

Then The Blue Print came, I was in japan when it dropped and all the shops were pumping it out, Id be in a shop and a cool track would start and then Jay Z would start rapping on it! I was really surprised, never thought he would appeal to me again but the Blue Print sounded top class to me (and still does).

^ yeah, the Blue Print is a great album

DWG Warrior
    I played the shit out of The Blueprint when it came out but a lot of it hasn't aged very well imo, or maybe I just got fed up with Jay Z.

U Don't Know, Heart Of The City and All I Need still do the business though.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by theblend View Post
    nate blessed regulate of course , is also credited on “do you see” also but I’m not sure he actually is on that track unless he’s doing the backing vocals in the chorus ? (such a good track, that slowed down “mama used to say” sample is just so dope and the vocals are mad catchy )

I would love to have heard snoop on that lp tho . That situation was messed up with death row splitting up the crew like that
    Def Jam had to license Regulate from Death Row as it had already been on the Above The Rim OST. Suge was pissed that Warren wouldn't sign to him (very sensible move in hindsight) so he wouldn't sign off on any DR artists appearing on his album. I think that's the story anyway.
    Possibly karma for Russell Simmons not letting Slick Rick work with Doug E Fresh (or did I imagine that?)

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ That happened. Hence the original version of Treat Her Like A Prostitute with Doug on the beatbox ending up as a B-side.

Ive mentioned this one many times over the years Fat Joes second album, hated the first (due to Joe's rhyming) on the second he stepped his game up.