Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Brand Nubian 2nd LP is great, as RD said, tough beats.

DWG Warrior
    Foundation LP on the other hand... eeuugh terrible. Tried to convince myself it was good at the time.

DWG Warrior
    I think any of their albums after that have only had 2/3 times play max in my house. Certainly don't own anything after the first two lp's.

DWG Warrior
    Pharoahe Monch 'Internal Affairs' - i remember being so disappointed with it that i took it back and asked could i swap it - thankfully i knew the lad in 3 Beat in Liverpool so he let me do just that. now i see that it's getting the reissue treatment, is it really that in demand???

Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    Pharoahe Monch 'Internal Affairs' - i remember being so disappointed with it
    I wasnt feeling it, though I wasn't disappointed in it as I didnt have high hopes due to my belief that organized konfusion were vastly overrated.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    I wasnt feeling it, though I wasn't disappointed in it as I didnt have high hopes due to my belief that organized konfusion were vastly overrated.
    wow, i reckon you're the only (hip hop) person i've ever come across who held that opinion on OK. the first two albums in particular are generally held in very high regard.

Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    wow, i reckon you're the only (hip hop) the first two albums in particular are generally held in very high regard.
    I think their albums are good, just not very good or stone cold classics.
    I taped the first album off a friend when it came out and I was happy to have it in tape but it wasnt one I wanted to rush out and buy on wax. That said I did try to buy the wax of my mate many years latter and he had already sold it
    I bought their second and third albums as they came out and both are albums that I like, but neither would make my list of favorites.

Im playing the Pos K album as I type this and I think thats better than any of the O.K. albums.

DWG Warrior
    I think their albums are good, just not very good or stone cold classics.
    I taped the first album off a friend when it came out and I was happy to have it in tape but it wasnt one I wanted to rush out and buy on wax. That said I did try to buy the wax of my mate many years latter and he had already sold it
    I bought their second and third albums as they came out and both are albums that I like, but neither would make my list of favorites.

Im playing the Pos K album as I type this and I think thats better than any of the O.K. albums.
    is it April fools day
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

Quote Originally Posted by record-sniffer View Post
    is it April fools day
    haha no.

I have probably bought 800-900 hip hop albums on wax over the years and taped countless more of friends, and out of those 100's of albums whilst being good none of the O.K. albums would appear in my list of favorites.

Im playing a Skinny Boys album as I type this and I think thats better than any of the O.K. albums.

DWG Warrior
    haha no.

I have probably bought 800-900 hip hop albums on wax over the years and taped countless more of friends, and out of those 100's of albums whilst being good none of the O.K. albums would appear in my list of favorites.

Im playing a Skinny Boys album as I type this and I think thats better than any of the O.K. albums.
    yo man, you got that good spice down south huh?