Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Dicsogs spam from "hardcorerap4life"

Hey dudes

anybody else getting these annoying spam messages, usually from new accounts about this shitty bandcamp label? It's always the same person i reckon, and i think they also tried to spam in these forums a while ago.

Anything that can be efficiently done against this? I usually block the sender, but of course you can't be ahead of it and block every new account that emerges.

Reporting to Discogs didn't seem to do much..

wasn't that the muppet who was on here... avoid, he's mental.

had the nerve to tell me I couldn't ban him, he was wrong.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by serch4beatz View Post
    Anything that can be efficiently done against this?
    Yeah its in the settings > Antimuppetmachine.jpg

Easy job.....

DWG Warrior
    I remember that guy, the guy who told various folks their hip hop isn't "real" hardcore.

"That shit ain't REAL hardcore man!" (then proceeds to post link to the most stereotypical stink eye unknown rapper on youtube.)

There is no way to block all his future user names unless you uncheck the box that says "allow other users to contact you" which is an all or nothing setting. It doesn't appear to help by you contacting discogs but it does silently help as if enough people report him his account and or IP will get shut down.

Either way if you haven't already, add that user to the blocked users list. Click on your account in the upper right, settings, privacy. Also check your notifications in that same spot to make sure you aren't set to get other discogs related ads.

DWG Warrior
    Yeah, I've been getting them randomly for a few months from different usernames, especially about this Rated Hardcore guy. It's having the opposite effect intended for me because I'm now staying farther away from it than I would have before

DWG Warrior
    Guy won't take no for an answer.

Here's the username's I've had to block...

3.jpg

I really regret owning whichever ONYX/MOP/NaughtyByNature album list he's spamming.
    Last edited by SLCOOLJ; 03-12-19 at 09:14 PM.

DWG Warrior
    I enjoy calling him a different creative swear each time he messages me before blocking.

eg Get Fucked you absolute wank chariot
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Yeah I get s message quite often from him.I followed a link to "that real boombap" or whatever shite comparing it to preemo and Pete rocks finest joints. short of calling him a wank chariot he said I obviously didn't know what I was talking about. Fuck knows how he knew to message me. I blocked him.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SLCOOLJ View Post
    Guy won't take no for an answer.

Here's the username's I've had to block...

3.jpg

I really regret owning whichever ONYX/MOP/NaughtyByNature album list he's spamming.
    This is some next level desperation tactics. Surely Discog mods can step in & do something?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ijunor View Post
    Fuck knows how he knew to message me. I blocked him.
    Besides the most pathetic type of marketing scheme, what bugs me even more is this point.

As far as I know its not possible to browse Discogs users, and if you have your collections/wantlists private, there would be no way to know what your tastes are. Or maybe he is just picking names off theses types of forums. In any way, it seems like a tedious job finding and messaging the people on Discogs for most likely minimal return. Ive never actually listened to the music, is it as bad as one may assume?