Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    I use spray from this spanish brand, they have a complete range of cleaning product.
    For day to day cleaning I use the spray which supposed to "destroy" all dust, grease etc and leave no residu on vinyls.
    Way better than the blue cheap cleaner we find everywhere.

https://www.winylcleaner.com/en/fluid-spray/

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by babylonbwoy View Post
    I use spray from this spanish brand, they have a complete range of cleaning product.
    For day to day cleaning I use the spray which supposed to "destroy" all dust, grease etc and leave no residu on vinyls.
    Way better than the blue cheap cleaner we find everywhere.

https://www.winylcleaner.com/en/fluid-spray/
    VINYLS ARGHHHHHH BAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    I bought a big bottle of Isopropyl Alcohol and another of Distilled water from Amazon about ten years ago and it’s still going.

i make up my own fluid about 50 50 in a spray bottle , although you could probably use less Alcohol.

Some soft micro fibre cloths from Poundland and Bobs your uncle.

No need for a vacuum cleaner unless you are a dealer imho
    I do this broadly speaking but with a third ingredient, a wetting agent, Ilford Ilfotol... works a charm and the first batch I made up should last about 5 years at the current rate... next time you come over bring a spray bottle and we can make you some!

I changed my cleaning method last summer, after I mention to a mate I'd like to buy a record cleaning machine.

He said "save your money and buy some Fairy Liquid"

He explained he wets the record and then rubs Original Fairy Liquid into the record using a lint free cloth.
    Making it so the record goes all foamy, let it soak in.

Then under hot running water rinse the foam off, it should be really hot, it will hurt your hands and the record will go floppy.
    The record though will return to shape almost instantly once removed from the hot water.
    Dry the record with a lint free cloth.
    And leave to dry.

I doubted him but I tried it and it works a treat.
    He is convinced that one must use Original Fairy Liquid and used to get it shipped to him when he lived abroad.
    Last edited by francois parker; 08-12-19 at 12:40 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Haha what the record goes floppy?

is it April 1st?
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Haha what the record goes floppy?

is it April 1st?
    no joke!
    try it, maybe not on your favorite record though

My friend did add the disclaimer that he has had labels get damaged but not the vinyl.
    I tried it a bunch of times now and never vinyl or label gets damaged.
    Remember it must be Original Fairy Liquid!

DWG Warrior
    Knosti here too when I can be bothered to use it (usually wait till I've got a decent batch to clean) works well, amazing the amount of junk that comes out of the grooves. Drying stand is handy

I remember the MVE boys just using lighter fluid and a lint free cloth

Must be OG Fairy Liquid

You using 1/3rd of each Toby? Had to Google the wetting stuff

Also a thumbs up for Knosti, although Im too lazy to use it most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Knosti here too when I can be bothered to use it (usually wait till I've got a decent batch to clean) works well, amazing the amount of junk that comes out of the grooves. Drying stand is handy

Must be OG Fairy Liquid

No it's mostly water and only a tiny splash of wetting agent, I think I got my proportions from here...

https://londonjazzcollector.wordpres...r-vacuum-rcms/

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post

Must be OG Fairy Liquid

I also bought a Knosti a while back and its probably the best entry point from a price/benefit perspective. It is a bit of a hassle and labels do get a bit of the liquid on them usually but from my experience they still remain as is after drying up. The liquid provided by Knosti is pretty good,and the anti-static agent seems to work also very well. Some tougher spots like stains, mold or sticker residue will need manual treatment (which I have not tried out yet myself),but I hear WD-40 or lighter fluid seems a favorite choice with a lint-free cloth, after that give it a Knosti-Spin.

You get a filter and a funnel to reuse and pour back the solution which is helpful and the stuff should last a good while, although Ive had my trouble not spilling fluid when pouring back the solution from the washing basin.

I would start with that, Id probably go directly for a Okki Nokki or VPI if I was a record store or dealer as it would be a good investment in improving the (re)sale quality,cant say how much better (if at all) they clean vs. the Knosti.