Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    Be careful as this won't remove static from the record and if you put it back into another paper sleeve it will most likely stick to it as well.

Some sprays and brush can remove the static before you store it back

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    I didn't want to throw GZ under a bus as they can do a good job.
    but saying that sound like the exception is when they do a good job, when it should be the opposite.
    I have had so many issues with them
    the static that does heavy hairlines is one of them, but many times records had real scratches on them. when you get it direct from the label or a big distributor you can complain and get an exchange/ refund but when you go 2nd hand on discogs and go for the sealed record and find out you just opened an 80 record that is now worth 40 because the factory scratched it, you feel extremely angry.
    I also go got some inner sleeves black with dirt, i have had dust balls in the inner sleeves, I have had records with labels that have silvery marks around the hole that happen when you rub it on the center thingy of the turntable plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Also wonder if using brokers / going direct makes a difference

I know tuff kong use to go through XvinylX and they work with GZ and I got the same kind of issues. SO maybe it changes the deal you can have and some of the specific details but not the quality and quality control.

DWG Warrior
    As listed on the De Rap Wrinkle bancamp:

For a small handling fee we will unseal your record, remove the vinyl from the sleeve, and place both in a resealable Japanese-style protective outer bag before shipping.
    Worrying about seam splits will be a thing of the past!

Cost is $0.50

DWG Warrior
    O0h saving $0.50
    what a bargain. Yeah, I'm that tight Scottish boy.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djabstract View Post
    As listed on the De Rap Wrinkle bancamp:

For a small handling fee we will unseal your record, remove the vinyl from the sleeve, and place both in a resealable Japanese-style protective outer bag before shipping.
    Worrying about seam splits will be a thing of the past!

Cost is $0.50
    I do this if asked - no charge though.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadout View Post
    but saying that sound like the exception is when they do a good job, when it should be the opposite.
    I have had so many issues with them
    the static that does heavy hairlines is one of them, but many times records had real scratches on them. when you get it direct from the label or a big distributor you can complain and get an exchange/ refund but when you go 2nd hand on discogs and go for the sealed record and find out you just opened an 80€ record that is now worth 40 because the factory scratched it, you feel extremely angry.
    I also go got some inner sleeves black with dirt, i have had dust balls in the inner sleeves, I have had records with labels that have silvery marks around the hole that happen when you rub it on the center thingy of the turntable plate.

I know tuff kong use to go through XvinylX and they work with GZ and I got the same kind of issues. SO maybe it changes the deal you can have and some of the specific details but not the quality and quality control.
    Sorry I just meant I've only had one thing pressed there (and through a broker) so couldn't accurately comment, someone like Shaker would be far better to. My record buying has slowed right down and sounds like you've had some horrible experiences

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantastic View Post
    I do this if asked - no charge though.
    Missing a trick J!