Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Jay has Just Ice next Thurs. Apparently he is still wild af

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlover View Post
    Jay has Just Ice next Thurs. Apparently he is still wild af
    Yeah, cant wait for that one!

He has Fresh Gordon coming on soon also! Thats should be interesting.

Ive got no idea what going on with Shan, he spent a few days talking about KRS1 (this is the point I started watching him) and talking about buying a bus, then everything went mad he's arguing for days with his chick? Im not quite sure what went down.

DWG Warrior
    Enjoyed it a lot, Kane was cruising at the start but I think KRS ended better.

Classic heavyweight matchup definitely coming down to a points decision.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Yeah BDK is a higher skilled mc & i love him on his uptempo joints but he just doesn't have the catalogue of KRS

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Enjoyed it a lot, Kane was cruising at the start but I think KRS ended better.

Classic heavyweight matchup definitely coming down to a points decision.
    i'd go along with this. KRS got better as it went along, i thought Kane was gonna destroy him early on.

they both missed out some of my personal favourites of theirs, but i don't suppose that everything constitutes a hit.

i would've liked to hear Duck Down and We In There from Kris and Who Am I and Come On Down from Kane.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    i would've liked to hear Duck Down and We In There from Kris
    yeah both singles & bangers while not really being hits but again just testament to his catalogue

DWG Warrior
    Kane was like his own catalogue, amazing in the beginning but as soon as they said where are the ladies and he done I get the job done a bit like his career it started to go downhill.
    KRS's last track dont what it was, the way he rapped it was really top tier. the hook was Slick Rick saying 'knock him out the box Kris'. is that one of his later tracks, i dont really know it. Great though.
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

KRS was a bit to shouty and I found it annoying that he often doesnt try to do the same vocal flow as the actual track he's performing, he hits the flow in bits then goes of into a sort of loud-powerful-crazy flow and then then misses a load of words, he sure has a powerful voice but Im not feeling his performance to be honest. His back catalogue has joints no question.
    Kane is a class act, I love most of the tracks on most of his albums and think his performance on here was cool, if only he had a bit of Kriss's power to beef up his performance a bit, but still he cool.

Shante coming on was cool!

Back to KRS, Ive seen him love a couple of time, 2006ish I saw him in Penzance, if you told me in 87 that some time in the future Id be watching KRS in Penzance I wouldn't have believed you! As it happens if you told me KRS would call me on the stage to do some breakin I wouldn't of believed you! It was a bit embarrassing to be honest. KRS said any bboys in the house, a few of us put our hands up, and he called us up onto the stage to break, but the stage was so narrow when we go up there that there was no room to break, it was embarrassing as we didn't know what to do, I think we just stood them whilst KRS did his track and we gingerly crept off the strange, I was very drunk and it was deepest darkest Cornwall so it didn't really matter.
    But the point I wanted to make was back in 2006 KRS rapped the tracks real well, powerful, flow on point and ask the crowd to rap hald of the lyrics for him.

Anyways it was a good show (Verzuz).