Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    I'd say Shan was footnote in the success of Informer and it just happened that he chanced upon Snow without having any real intention of his career going down that path (and that song aside, it didn't). That song would've blown up without him regardless.
    I always looked at Shan as one of those rappers who's time was up as soon as that changing of the guard happened around 86-87.
    I think he was more misfortunate with timing (delay of sophomore LP due to addiction/Cold Chillin' roster) - Born To Be Wild is actually an incredible LP in my opinion and I have heard lots of others share that view on Born To Be Wild....I pioneered this/Juice crew law etc ....of course after that his career went up the spout until Snow but again that was more down to trying to reinvent himself a la fresh prince very unsuccessfully lols!
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

www.facebook.com/solidnmindrap

www.whirlwindd.bandcamp.com

www.kanefm.com

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorun Bombay View Post
    ETA : It was also confusing as hell to watch Juice Crew artists like Biz go on tour in Canada with BDP at the height of the Bridge Wars. I get it now... but at the time, that was confusing to watch.
    Totally....I guess it goes to show how loose the collective was later on, but also how interconnected other artists were. Of course Shan went on tour with KRS too...craziness
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

www.kanefm.com

DWG Warrior
    KRS is a better battle rapper by a stretch so therefore won the battle.

Don't think its anymore complex than that.

They are both extremely annoying human beings living on past glory so I don't really care either way. I still enjoy their early records.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    YOU ARE NOT HIP-HOP!!!!

Fully agree

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    KRS is a better battle rapper by a stretch so therefore won the battle.

Don't think its anymore complex than that.

They are both extremely annoying human beings living on past glory so I don't really care either way. I still enjoy their early records.
    Totally agree on your second point lol.....

And I do agree that KRS was/is a better battle rapper but I guess my point was they never actually battled. They both made great records which different people have different views on. KRS certainly created the narrative that he had won!

www.kanefm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post

They are both extremely annoying human beings
    indeed.

DWG Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    indeed.
    On that we all agree lol!

www.kanefm.com

Jay Quan is a brave chap going live with Shan!

Its a really good interview, Shan didnt go too crazy but he is definitely a loose cannon.
    Last edited by francois parker; 19-07-20 at 02:44 AM.

I've been watching some of Shan's Instagram rants over the last few days, I think he's accusing KRS of biting his style.
    Their styles are not even comparable are they? Both dope (back in the days) but both chalk and cheese as far as rap styles are concerned.

DWG Contributor
    Yea I heard those and yep totally agree re: styles , I don't think Shan can claim that in all fairness. However he finally did raise a point I've been waiting for someone else to raise ie Juice Crew Law. After all the Bridge wars were just a battle on wax (no face to face battle - apart from their shows at the time which were done collaboratively) and so when people claim Bridge Is over was the full stop/end point, I don't feel that is the case necessarily - it is an incredible record but so was Juice Crew law which came after....looking fwd to what he says next, both he and KRS1 are a little bit crazy these days lol

www.kanefm.com