Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Good Electro not on the Electros....

We all grew up with the Streetsounds Electro series i am guessing,but one area of my record collecting thats a little light is the early Electro stuff.

I have all the Streetsounds series inluding the boxset but recently have been trying to collect more twelves.

I have found one or two on digs recently plus been buying the odd Discogs cheapie,but must admit ,outside of the Streetsounds series,im not really up on Electro stuff that wasnt included on those comps.

So,post up some cool Electro stuff and lets see whats out there,the more vocoders,808 beats and snares,the better !!

Possibly a bit too on the Disco/Proto-House side of things but the basis of the track is defo Electro:

DWG Warrior
    Nice thread, I'm interested to see what turns up.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    This would be my favourite from the time of the Streetsounds series that wasn't on it.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    This has always been one of my favourite's, there was so much good stuff that never made it to the Electro series

DWG Warrior
    Thanks for the thread - more records for my Discogs want list...

Btw there is a electro not on electro list on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/lists/electro-not-on-electro/417669

DWG Warrior
    Here’s a couple :-

Last edited by Imperial_Mao; 06-02-20 at 11:04 PM.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    This one is more Electro Hip Hop, (OK it has a corny bit in it, but it still rocks)

This one the A side rap version is OK, but the Instrumental Dub version is a nice Electro track: