Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    There's a handful of 80s Chicago House songs which wouldn't have sounded outta place on the later Electro comps:

Adonis - No Way Back
    Virgo - My Space
    Phuture - Your Only Friend
    I was so right that the Virgo song could sound at home on a later Electro album.

Some early Derrick May too maybe? I'm thinking of It Is What It Is specifically.

If Mr Wiggles could dance to, then it should have been on an Electro album imho.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^Great stuff. Virgo’s ‘In A Vision’ remains an all time personal favourite. Proper goosebump shit.

No words needed for ‘It Is What It Is’ Certified Classic Material that brings back some amazing memories

DWG Warrior
    The Virgo who did the 1986 EP on Trax (Adonis & Marshall Jefferson) is a completely different Virgo to the Virgo who did the 1989 EP on Trax (Merwyn Sanders & Eric Lewis.)

Confusing right? I only found that out a couple of years ago meself. Totally agree on In A Vision tho.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    The Virgo who did the 1986 EP on Trax (Adonis & Marshall Jefferson) is a completely different Virgo to the Virgo who did the 1989 EP on Trax (Merwyn Sanders & Eric Lewis.)

Confusing right? I only found that out a couple of years ago meself. Totally agree on In A Vision tho.
    Sorry should of said Virgo Four but yes, very confusing

If you haven’t got it, pick up the ‘Virgo’ LP repress that Rush Hour released back in 2010. Sounds amazing

DWG Warrior
    Got the CD version a decade or so ago. Great album to take a long bath to.

It's a pity more old Chicago and Detroit dance songs didn't get embraced by Hip Hop like Cybotron's Clear did. Well, Cajmere's Percolator sorta has, but it's taken decades to crossover.