Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

OG samples behind Ghostface - Supreme Clientele

20th Anniversary Tribute mixtape of Ghostface's 'Supreme Clientele', featuring:

OG Samples + Flips
    Blends
    Rarities + B-sides

At the time, I didn't think Ghost would be able to top 'Ironman', especially during the year 2000 when a lot of the albums coming out were watered-down trash. Not only did he manage to beat the sophomore jinx and deliver his best LP, he gave us a Top 5 album from the whole Wu discography. Ghost was at his lyrical pinnacle, flowin over bangers from RZA, Mathematics, Juju (Beatnuts), Hass-G (UMC's), Carlos Broady, and even his barber Black Moes-Art.

As I usually do on my tribute mixes, I included the original songs, and this is one of the strongest collections of soul/funk samples that I've ever seen on an LP. Just lookin at that album cover with Ghost holdin the old-school mic like he was the 5th member of the Chi-Lites......you just KNEW he was coming with the ill soul samples. Everything from The Dramatics to Gladys Knight to Baby Huey to Lyn Collins.....all ingredients that went into making this opus. Happy 20th to this CLASSIC.

AUDIO:
    https://soundcloud.com/djfilthyrich/...dj-filthy-rich

DWG Warrior
    "watered down trash" I made the mistake of buying the clean version, seen him live twice (my fave Wu member). Looking forward to hearing this mix. You've not let me down yet.✌ .
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    Cheers this should be ace

nice one - will check later!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ijunor View Post
    "watered down trash" I made the mistake of buying the clean version, seen him live twice (my fave Wu member). Looking forward to hearing this mix. You've not let me down yet.✌ .
    Yeah I made the same mistake of buying the clean version of the album on vinyl. Luckily I had the CD, so it wasn't the worst situation.
    Now that I'm a dad, I'm glad that I picked up the clean version....will come in handy real soon once he starts talking!

DWG Warrior
    ^^ haha my wife was happy when it turned up clean. My youngest daughter was about 4 or 5 at the time.
    "I have no idea what hammer time is, or how it differs from regular time" - Dexter Morgan.

https://www.instagram.com/junorpaul/?hl=en

DWG Warrior
    I will have to revisit this album,as i have not listened to it for ages,then i will check your mix.

Ghost is such a great emcee,i actually loved the album he dropped on Daupe last year too.

DWG Warrior