Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mega mixes

DWG Warrior

mega mixes

hey all,

im looking for records that contain mega mixes. ive been listening to a lot of the old chad Jackson mega mixes, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys etc. Some of these artists have so many releases worldwide that its very easy for a b side mega mix to slip under the radar.

any recommendations? or hidden gems?

DWG Warrior
    First record that springs to mind:
    Tim Dog - F-ck Compton (Megamix)

DWG Warrior

this is good one

iíve got a few dmc records and those bits n pieces megamixes, that are decent. iíll try and add on to the cypher

DWG Warrior
    not a record, but one of the best pause mixes ever

https://m.mixcloud.com/mrspin/paul-m...ns-souled-out/

DWG Warrior
    DJ Spinbad 'Hip Hop vs Rap megamix'

DWG Warrior
    Thanks for the replies. some nice suggestions.

I have that Tim Dog record already, although I had forgotten about it so thanks for the reminder.

That Schoolly d record is exactly the kind of record im looking for (out of curiosity who mixed it?). I am looking for more late 80s megamixes like the BDP man and his music mixes, Chad Jacksons 12 minute Beastie Boys Licence to ill megamix etc.

Back in the day where did you find the Chad Jackson megamixes ? did they appear on b-sides or were they tape releases? I don't mean his 90 minute mixtapes but the mini 10-15 minute mega mixes dedicated to one artist / album.

Also what other dj's were putting out these mini mixes back then? I feel like there might be Norman Cook and CJ Mackintosh megamixes hidden away on some low key UK De La Soul release or something similar

thanks again
    Last edited by Pai Mei; 26-03-20 at 02:47 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    DJ Spinbad 'Hip Hop vs Rap megamix'

now that's a record I need to study, niiiiiiiiice

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    not a record, but one of the best pause mixes ever

https://m.mixcloud.com/mrspin/paul-m...ns-souled-out/
    Not quite what I was looking for but definitely something I need to know about, thanks

Edit to add. this mix is dope as fuck, even doper when you know its a pause tape
    Last edited by Pai Mei; 26-03-20 at 02:49 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pai Mei View Post
    Thanks for the replies. some nice suggestions.

I have that Tim Dog record already, although I had forgotten about it so thanks for the reminder.

That Schoolly d record is exactly the kind of record im looking for (out of curiosity who mixed it?). I am looking for more late 80s megamixes like the BDP man and his music mixes, Chad Jacksons 12 minute Beastie Boys Licence to ill megamix etc.

Back in the day where did you find the Chad Jackson megamixes ? did they appear on b-sides or were they tape releases? I don't mean his 90 minute mixtapes but the mini 10-15 minute mega mixes dedicated to one artist / album.

Also what other dj's were putting out these mini mixes back then? I feel like there might be Norman Cook and CJ Mackintosh megamixes hidden away on some low key UK De La Soul release or something similar

thanks again

A lot of the Chad Jackson mixes and others similar were on the DMC club records.

This is worth getting if you donít already own it :-

https://youtu.be/vmb269dajaw

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Mao View Post
    A lot of the Chad Jackson mixes and others similar were on the DMC club records.

This is worth getting if you don’t already own it :-

https://youtu.be/vmb269dajaw

So I need to be looking for DMC club records, cool.

I don't think ive heard this song before but that's exactly why I started this thread, thanks man