Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior

DJ Filthy Rich Presents: Raekwon - OB4CL 25th Anniversary Mixtape

💎Blends
    💎Remixes
    💎OG Samples
    💎LP cuts

25 Years ago (Aug 1, 1995) Raekwon dropped his game-changing 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx'. I've had this date circled on my project calendar since January.....If I only recorded 2 tributes out of all the classics released in 1995, OB4CL & Mobb Deep's 'The Infamous' were the absolute Must-Do's. Those masterpieces were like artistic cousins and quickly became the soundtrack to that summer. To say this album was important is a HUGE understatement. It was monumental, and arguably the apex of the Wu solo catalog.
    This LP cemented Rae & Ghost as a dynamic duo as they formed their own clique-within-the-clique, effortlessly passing each other the baton over RZA's cinematic production. Weaving intricate stories of street tales mixed with 5%-er knowledge, this project played out like a feature film. Vividly spit in their coded slanguage, you felt like you were right there next to them on the island of Staten. I tried to maintain the original feel of the LP, while adding some original samples + blends to switch things up a bit.
    Since the album is more pka The Purple Tape, I'm dropping this tribute cassette-style with 2 separate sides.

SIDE A

SOUNDCLOUD LINK:
    https://soundcloud.com/djfilthyrich-...dj-filthy-rich

YOUTUBE:
    https://youtu.be/WrMRYEyuKfE

SIDE B coming soon.....

Artwork by Beddo Art

DWG Warrior

DWG Warrior
    Dope, Soundwave blasting the purple tape.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

excellent as always, thanks Rich!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Dope, Soundwave blasting the purple tape.
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    excellent as always, thanks Rich!
    Thanks guys....I was just saying someone needs to do a custom OB4CL Soundwave colorway with a purple tape inside

DWG Warrior
    Sunday Vibes

Raekwon's 'Rainy Dayz' RMX (produced by Mr. Dalvin of Jodeci) did a complete 180 from RZA's dark, haunting sound on the LP version, sampling the silky smooth Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes 'You Know How To Make Me Feel So Good'.

�� Hear the OG Sample blend on the 25th Anniversary Tribute to Raekwon's OB4CL Mixtape

https://youtu.be/WrMRYEyuKfE

Edit: I can't post the snippet video here, but you can hear it on the mixtape link in the OP
    Last edited by djfilthyrich; 09-08-20 at 08:28 PM.