Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    DWG Warrior
    HAHA....well said here!

Abs

Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    Being a skilled DJ has & will always be a thing. A lot of DJ’s have that battle mentality & spinning 7”s is just another extension of that.
    I could also quote numerous world renowned DJ’s who say similar.

Digging for music is also part and parcel of DJ’ing, so the point still stands.

I guess nowadays people just download stuff & click buttons to beat match. It’s a lot harder to impress.

sociopaths get a bad rep..

DWG Warrior
    Word.

Club standards are pretty low tbh
    Shitty sound systems, poorly planned speaker setups etc & Pioneer DJM’s (A lot of sound engineers loath them, not least for there sound quality)

the ‘scratch’ sound never sounds right to me.
    As you say, an old conversation for another day.

ive never owned dungarees.
    Really on the Pioneer DJMs? I assume you mean S9s? Almost every accomplished DJ I know uses one, never thought they sounded bad

DWG Warrior
    thanks for the various outlooks, really interesting to hear how current dj's spinning 45's are percieved.

I ask mostly because I really like the format, mostly for practical reasons ie price / portability and also co-sign stilt's views.

I do see ur point tho step, definitely see where ur coming from there!

Edit: forgot to add - Love Koko's DJ set's!
    Last edited by theblend; 22-10-20 at 07:51 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Price? Most of them cost what we used to pay for an album!

DWG Warrior
    (And albums can now cost £30-40+)

but yeah, when they are at the higher end, £20 for a 7” is painful.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Price? Most of them cost what we used to pay for an album!
    (And albums can now cost £30-40+)

but yeah, when they are at the higher end, £20 for a 7” is painful.
    yeah good point lol i generally dont go for the expensive 7"

and i usually get music thats exclusive to 7" or reissues that are unobtainable / super expensive for the og 12"

DWG release of godfather don 'stuck off the realness' springs to mind as well as smif-n-wessun sound bwoy buriell instrumental on the 7" single released earlier this year - both were about a tenner i think, the OG's go for loadsa money

I confess i paid £15 for some Citizen Kane and Sic Sense 7" singles , again - the OG were way too expensive for me

got some really nicely priced herrings and other bits n pieces tho.. id say most of the 7s ive got ive paid about £5-7 for

I've got some portable turntables and mixer, and love the compactness of the setup . And the records take up way less shelf space!

- i definetly am not paying 14 quid for cypress hill insane in the brain 7" reissue

Also - disclaimer: im not a serious / practicing DJ - do the occasional gig but mostly bedroom dj ...
    I must admit, with a few exceptions, im a bit dissapointed in the 'portabalist' movement. I was hoping it would result in a whole new wave of new djing styles, with the low cost and space-saving numarks etc on the market. a lot of videos ive seen is basically sub-par scratching but on a hill, or by a river / beach etc. with all the skipless / loop records now available in abundance and battery powered mini turntables, modded with wireless audio etc i expected to see some mad stuff happen by now! Especially with lockdown and all that!
    Last edited by theblend; 23-10-20 at 03:54 PM.