Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    I love that records this good can remain largely undiscovered, but i can clearly imagine someone like Nas, Guru, Q Tip, CL etc on this beat in the mid 90s wouldve propelled it to overplayed classic status.
    to be fair, it’s been played thousands of times in the indi rap scene.. #underground #4ever

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    to be fair, it’s been played thousands of times in the indi rap scene.. #underground #4ever
    which goes back to the question I posed at the start of the thread. Where are records like this getting played? I was reasonably in the loop when this came out and its obviously quite a hard one to find these days so guessing its a limited run etc.
    Is it appearing on those Japanese mix CDs or just big on YouTube or something?

Either way, I wouldn't say it was widely know about on the level of a 90s standard like a Tribe/Premier/Pete Rock record, or even like something such as Shadez Of Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    which goes back to the question I posed at the start of the thread. Where are records like this getting played? I was reasonably in the loop when this came out and its obviously quite a hard one to find these days so guessing its a limited run etc.
    Is it appearing on those Japanese mix CDs or just big on YouTube or something?

Either way, I wouldn't say it was widely know about on the level of a 90s standard like a Tribe/Premier/Pete Rock record, or even like something such as Shadez Of Brooklyn.

Funny Enough, the only reason I know this song is because of this Crooklyn Cuts tape. To be fair though, its probably the least known of that series.

DWG Warrior
    ah ok, that makes some sense now.

DWG Warrior
    one other thing. Discogs has this as dropping in 1995 but most of the music on that Premier tape is 96.

Anyone able to confirm the year it actually came out?