Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MF Doom Passed?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    My votes

Black Bastards is my favourite as it's amazing and my proper intro. The What a niggy know? 12" and UK bootleg were the first things I had on wax. I only had a dubbed tape of some tracks from Mr Hood before that.

1. Operation Doomsday
    2. Madvillainy (original demo version with different vocal takes)
    3. Take Me To Your Leader
    4. Madvillainy
    5. Mm... Food

(Mr Hood would be here)

6. Vaudeville Villain
    7. Born Like This

8.The Mouse and the Mask (this is cack - sold it)

Czarface meets Metalface (can't comment never listened to it)
    Venomous Villain (can't comment I listened to it at the time and thought it was shit)
    Keys to the Cuffs (can't comment never listened to it properly) - I liked Guvnor though
    Interesting lists. I bought Vaudeville Villain when it came out but ain't played it in about 10 years. Maybe I should revisit.

What's people's opinion on the Westside Doom thing from a few years ago? I can only handle Westside Gunn's voice for about 20 secs at a time so didn't pay it much attention..

DWG Warrior
    Apart from the Avalanche track with Madlib which was from 2009 anyway there really isn't any reason to listen to anything DOOM dropped over the last decade, imho.

I don't know, his collabos with Westside Gunn were pretty tight. That "paddle ball on Adderall" rhyme was classic Doom.

DWG Warrior
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

"You're about to sell more masks than Dr. Fauci." Brilliant.

DWG Warrior
    I really love OME

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by itschjake View Post
    Interesting lists. I bought Vaudeville Villain when it came out but ain't played it in about 10 years. Maybe I should revisit.

What's people's opinion on the Westside Doom thing from a few years ago? I can only handle Westside Gunn's voice for about 20 secs at a time so didn't pay it much attention..
    Westside Doom is dope, but if you aren't into WSG or Griselda, then you probably won't like it. It was just a 2-song single anyway

DWG Warrior
    Aesop Rock and Homeboy Sandman Pay Tribute to MF DOOM With New Song:

Benji B’s most recent show is a 2-hour tribute. He replays his 2012 face-to-face interview with DOOM. It’s great. It’s on BBC Sounds for the next month. The original 2012 show is available on Mixcloud if you’re not in the UK and want to listen.

I also enjoyed the Ugly Mac Beer mix on Mixcloud. I listened to vol. 2. Less obvious joints on there.

DWG Warrior
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.