Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baggy jeans

DWG Warrior

Baggy jeans

Sup

I been hesitant about posting this as I know many people diss wearin the baggy trousers in this day n age , esp. when the wearer isnt a yout any more..

but i admit i do fall into that catogery, and havin a real difficult time sourcing the sagz lol

was wonderin if any other folks on here still rockin the ol baggies and got any advice where to cop em? ideaaly uk retail but i dont mind orderin from abroad if need be.

ideally ones that have some kind of taper or drawstrings at the bottom of the leg to stop em draggin around on the floor, not into that look

also def not the hammer style parachutes or those goth style carpenter jeans with a 40" wide leg

probably gonna get the mickey taken for askin but im at my wits end tryin to find any

its all super skinny stuff everywhere i look, its doing my head in. nothin against people wearin em if thats what suits em, but definetly not my style

dosnt have to be jeans either: cords, combats, whatever...
    Last edited by theblend; 23-01-17 at 12:18 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Combat trousers you should be able to get in any Army Surplus place either locally or online, as for baggy jeans/trousers do you have a Costco locally ? If you buy their own brand denim/canvas jeans in an oversize they are usually quite baggy, you can always pintuck or stitch the bottoms in an inch if they are too loose. ;-)

DWG Warrior
    Funnily I've been trying to wear more "straight leg" jeans in recent years but still loose/baggy just not quite the Phat Farm/PNB Nation size/style.

DWG Warrior
    nice one IM! good to know i aint the only one. I dont have easy access to a Costco sadly, will check it if i get a chance tho

Dont mind some of the ol PF, PNB, FUBU, ECKO etc stuff , i mean some of them was definetly too far over the mark but theres a few that were aight. but yeah im not goin for that ludicrously stupid baggyness either haha

i tried a couple army surplus spots places but even those were kinda skinny without gettin a ludicrously oversized waistsize. im lookin for somethin in the 34-38" range ideaaly , waist-wize. also im average height, thas another problem with wide-leg trousers they often seem to b made for giants haha

theres gotta be stuff out there. i know route one do a range of baggy jeans which are aight but the hem is way wide and gets trodden on.. yeah could look into the whole modification thing but i dont know shit about stitching , is there any particular technique u can reccomend? same with the pin tuck thing , that often looks kind of weird , i dont know what im doing in that regard haha

DWG Warrior
    If your bird/friends/family let you walk around wearing FUBU or Ecko, they don't really have your best interests at heart.

You're posting on DWG so you're definitely far too old to be walking around in baggy kecks at this point. Just buy some decent Levi's 501s innit.

DWG Warrior
    haha yeah i kno what u mean , wearing those kind of labels as a grown man can seem a bit lame - thats the thing , i dont want to make a hiphop / arent i cool statement in any way or whatever it just that the baggy cut suits my build way better than skinnies. i basically wear oversized clothes in general to balance out my massively oversized cranium haha

Levi 501's are sick and look decent on most people but i tried some on the other day an they just didnt look right unfortnuately

DWG Warrior
    There's no age limit of loose fit jeans but there should be on overly tight ones, nothing worse than an a 30+ fella in too tight skinny jeans trying to be a teenager.
    If you're a generously proportioned gentleman as I am looser clothing is more comfortable.
    As a famous UK singer sang..."Won't find no skintight in my wardrobe today..."

DWG Warrior
    This stuff will definitely be back in fashion very shortly. Hype beasts will be wearing it by next year.

Here is some proof.

When this happens I will proudly let my FUBU doo-rag blow in the wind like a boss.

And I will rock the P Miller / Master P / Lil Romeo /Denver Nuggets Jersey in size XXXXXL

download.jpg
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    I refuse to believe a pair of 501's looked shit on theblend. The only person who's ever managed to look terrible in 501s is Jeremy Clarkson. Just size up on the waist and sag 'em a tad if you want 'em loose.

Wearin' kecks that make your legs look like 2 condoms full of hamburger meat isn't a good look, but it's still a helluva lot better than the alternative in some voluminous oversized baggy shits. At best, you'll look like Kevin The Teenager; at worst, you'll look like Michael Jordan.

Last edited by BB; 23-01-17 at 03:02 PM.

DWG Warrior
    MJ 23 is fashion icon.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.