Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DWG Warrior
    Well I have avoided the COVID but the last year was topped and tailed with my 2yr old son giving me a dose of the NORO virus again.

Day-care is a disease factory.

That's me only just feeling normal on day six and my ring piece might need a transplant.

Last year was just before UK lockdown, spent a week puking in an Edinburgh hotel room for a similar period on a work trip home.

Without memes the past year may not have been possible. I can take the Booze or leave it now but last year drank far too much at home. Props to parker on your continued sobriety.

We can't complain though Finland's numbers are some of the best in Europe and we only just got a small 3 week Bar and Restaurant shut down due to a return to winter / local Ski holiday meaning a bump in cases. I have been able to go digging, visit our summer cottage and generally be unaffected apart from wearing a mask and getting tested to keep our kid in day-care. I work from home anyway. Even managed a couple of DJ things but missing a regular soulful bar gig.

My brother and mum back in Scotland have been fine but they are sick of the lockdowns.

In terms of personal experience a group of our friends here all got COVID but nothing serious, my friend at homes healthy dad died of Corona after a long battle and my best mates brother at home is really suffering with Long COVID. I hope all DWG have avoided the worst of the virus in your friends and family.

Cosine on anything Ginger, I whack a tonne in my Chinese cookery and occasional hot toddy of the single malt. Essential kitchen staple and super good for you.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Ma Baker need to do a ginger flapjack already. It's pretty much the only main flavours they don't do
    Last edited by BB; 09-03-21 at 09:44 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Diggers With Ginger
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Gingers With Gratitude

DWG Warrior
    Bob - MATE! I feel your pain! I had norovirus twice on the trot, messed my stomach up so badly Im now on long term medication. Horrific! 😩
    Glad youre OK now man.

DWG Warrior
    I ain't particularly arsed about going abroad this summer as it seems like it'll be more hassle than it's worth.

But I really wanna go to a seaside town and eat fish & chips and play Crazy Golf and find an arcade with Double Dragon and Wonder Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I ain't particularly arsed about going abroad this summer as it seems like it'll be more hassle than it's worth.

But I really wanna go to a seaside town and eat fish & chips and play Crazy Golf and find an arcade with Double Dragon and Wonder Boy.
    Wonder Boy was the shit... especially when you were able to start throwing axes.

I liked the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 player too... and Final Fight obvs... Hagar was that dude.

DWG Warrior
    I accidentally put a pound in the simpsons arcade game, while waiting to watch Jurassic park in the cinema.
    I had more credits than I ever dreamt of. I ended up nearly missing the film & was hoping for someone to take over.
    my foot was also in a plaster cast & was throbbing like a mo fugga.

arcades where my mecca as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post

Im with you on that, going abroad is going to be a hassle and possibly much more expensive than normal this summer. I mentioned in earlier in thread that my wife and son had to go back to Japan as her father had died well Im glad to say they are both back with me now but on Covid tests alone it cost me over 1000! yes 1000, lucily Japan wasnt on the Red List so I didn't need to fork out for a quarantine hotel as well. Now things might be a bit cheaper by the summer but Id be suprised if things like Covid Test costs completely disappear.

So to a seaside town it is! And I do love them, always a chance of catching a good record in a charity shop also!

I love Wonder Boy in 87 there was a Cafe here were all the writers used to hangout and they had a few arcade machines and one of them was Wonder Boy, put nuff 10ps into that machine in my time.