Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    I do find it a bit corny that these dudes can just go to Cosmos or other 'curated vinyl boutiques' (pukes in mouth) and drop a wad on some mega rarers they heard on youtube. You don't need to put any work in to get the knowledge and a good ear anymore. Its all there at a press of a button and a big enough wallet. But maybe I'm just jealous I'm not rich and can't ball out in Shimokitazawa record shops.
    I remember reading in a history book how medieval knights were upset that after years of training with honnor values, they could get killed by a mere peaseant with a cross bow 400 m away.
    Growing up, I didn't know a single hip hop producer. Today, I know three self-proclaimed beatmakers in my immediate circle and none has a hardware machine (SP1200,AKAI3000), all on FL Studios. A boom bap beat from a top producer (Lord Finesse,buckwild,Diamond D,etc) used to probably cost 5k in 90's. They will be lucky to get 100$ today. That is why a lot of producers do collabo projects instead.
    What was valued yesterday won't necessary be valued in the future. That is the way of the world.

DWG Warrior

DWG Warrior

I must get this record arrrgh
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    How can it be boom bap if there is no drums though?