Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

DWG Warrior

Random things you just learned.

The John Cena WWE entrance music and source of much meme hilarity is by Jake One.

I also didn't know its a Rap track by the wrestler himself. He isn't that bad.

Jake One doesn't get the publishing.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    yeah, he released a whole album with beats by Jake One and Eligh of Living Legends

https://www.discogs.com/John-Cena-Th...e/master/85429

I stopped watching wrestling some time in the mid 90s so this whole thing passed me by.

DWG Warrior
    Cena did a handful of songs with Freddie Foxxx Bad Bad Man is a legit jam.

Last edited by BB; 12-03-21 at 12:11 PM.

DWG Warrior
    There is even a 12" for this. 50$ on Discogs!

https://www.discogs.com/de/John-Cena...master/1262203

Never seen him wrestle but he was really funny in the film 'Blockers' which is great if you've never seen it.

I just learned that neither Messi or Ronaldo will play in the Champions League quarter-finals this season for the first time since 2005.
    Last edited by MAD MONEY TOBE$; 12-03-21 at 09:52 PM.

I'd never heard of John Cena until I saw him in meme's and Youtube things my son (a 13 year old) was checking out.
    Mainly on Pepa Pig mash-up videos ( they are not mash-ups but I dont know what the correct word for them is) where Pepe Pig episodes get a remix treatment and end out with drug references and other crazy over the top random things that don't belong in Pepa Pig videos and John Cena is a re-occurring character in them.

Around the time my Son was watching these we went to Nando's for a meal and had to give a name to book the table, just for a laugh and to cheer up my son I booked the table under the name John Cena. I had absolutely no idea John Cena was famous, I thought he was just some name that people into meme's would know! So we are waiting for out table and the chap comes to the entrance I suspect not yet looking at the name the table was book under and he stood there and said on autopilot "a table for" looked at his tablet with the booking info and almost burst out laughing, composed himself and trying to keep a straight face said "john cena". And showed us to our table still clearly trying not to laugh!

In work the next day I ask them "have you heard of John Cena" and they are like "everyone's heard of John Cena". I honest had no idea he was famous!
    Just to put it to the test a few weeks latter we went again and I used the same name, same result this time with another member of staff trying not to laugh.

I do wonder if they though it was someone having a prank or if I was actually called John Cena?

Oh and I never knew the Jake One connection, cool info.

Learnt this a few weeks ago but still newish news to me and its Hip Hop / Graf tip related.
    One of the early/founding members of WORLDDOMINATION was a Plymouth lad (relevant to me being Plymouth born and breed). He moved to London in the mid 80s (after leaving school) so wasn't a Plymouth lad for much of his life.

I used to occasionally hang out with his brother PAW who was one of the best graf guys down here but somehow didn't know his brother was Jinx WD!

And to take it full circle I have chatted with Jinx online over the years and we were going to DJ together sometime but I never knew he was Jinx of WD fame, I only knew him from his real name and chatted music related stuff.

Not that interesting, sorry in advance.
    Last edited by francois parker; 14-03-21 at 12:09 PM.

DWG Warrior

Always entertaining.

DWG Warrior
    Tom Browne's Jamaica Funk is about Jamaica, Queens in NY and not actual Jamaica.

Is this common knowledge?