Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Record cleaning - what do you use

I have recently bought a cheapish record cleaner, cost just under 50 quid.

Best thing i have bought in years, records i thought i needed to mint up on i no longer need to.

just wondering if anyone has one of the 500 ones, and wanted to know how much difference there is
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Warrior
    Would you mind sharing the one you have as I might think about an invest in this too if its so recommendable. I just use cleaning spray and a tissue delivered with it which takes usually the normal dust/dirt off but it of course doesn't really upgrade the condition of the record

DWG Warrior
    Can't compare it to any other record cleaners as this is the first one I own, but the Okki Nokki I bought last year works great.

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Originally used a Gnosti which was pretty decent, although you would have to play records afterwards to clear the residue left from the cleaning fluid that you get with the system.
    I then bought an Okki Nokki about 4/5years ago, which I really can't knock (just don't drop the central tightening nut on the record, when removing).

I've now bought a Sonic cleaner from humminguru through Kickstarter which I'm awaiting to be sent out (i think they are due in October now) but I thought it was a nice progression and if it works as described it will rival the 1000+ sonic cleaners, this means it will save on time that cleaning with an Okki Nokki takes (around 2hrs to do 30 records) and money on cleaning fluid, once it arrives i'll let people know what it's like.

post up the links to these bits of kit fellas... interested to find out more!

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    post up the links to these bits of kit fellas... interested to find out more!
    Your wish is my command

Knosti

Okki Nokki

HumminGuru

DWG Warrior
    The HumminGuru looks interesting. How much was the pre-order?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by noioso View Post
    The HumminGuru looks interesting. How much was the pre-order?
    I bought two machines one for myself and one for a friend through Kickstarter so got mine cheaper than the pre-orders and when they finally go on sale fully, I also got the double up discount aswell which worked out at 244 per machine, I then also bought some additional parts for it, but they weren't much, I believe it's going to be nearer 300 - 350 when they are fully available (still some 700 cheaper than others on the market)

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    Your wish is my command

Knosti

Okki Nokki

HumminGuru
    I am looking to get something like the humminguru. i use the Knosti which is great but id really like a sonic cleaner
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

Quote Originally Posted by diseone View Post
    Your wish is my command

Knosti

Okki Nokki

HumminGuru

thanks - very useful, be interested to find out how well the HumminGuru works