Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

You always remember your firstů

Kool DJ Red Alert is a great man as we all know, however like everyone else he had to start somewhere and like him I imagine we all remember our “first” set up with fond memories…

A74188E3-3581-4FAF-AAFF-E98B7EB98F19.jpg

So what was did your first consist of ?

Mine was back in 1988 :-

2 x SoundLab belt drive turntables (Black)
    1 x Realistic Mixer (5 Channels & 1 crossfader)
    1 x Phillips D8304 Boombox (Bright Yellow - used until I could afford an amp and speakers)

p.s. if anyone is interested in the mixer red Alert used there’s one on eBay at the moment for a bargain price !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METEOR-CL...-127632-2357-0
    Last edited by Imperial_Mao; 25-08-21 at 10:58 PM.

DWG Warrior
    I had Ariston Belt Drive decks with the rotary pitch controller and a made 2 fade mixer. All from Richer Sounds, I traded them in soon after to get my Technics and an early Vestax.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    2 belt drives- Gemini 1600s I think? Pitch only went up to 5 (but had a 6 at the end of the slider!)
    Mixer was a Gemini PMX 7. This was summer '95.

Upgraded to Technics 1210s just over a year later but had the mixer until 1999 or so.

My first turntables was also the ones Red Alert started on Technics SL-1800. I got mine in 1984.
    First mixer was a Realistic Disco mixer 32-1101a with just up and down faders.

DWG Warrior
    Loving the memories guys.

DWG Warrior
    Found pics of my setup.

These turntables were decent to be fair, would be a good deck for not mixing with a decent cartridge attached.

ariston_pro_1200.jpg
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

SoundLab belt drives
    Kam Made2Fade mixer

DWG Warrior
    The garden of England, where all the flowers grow & people like me suffer from Hayfever!!
    never had the whole two turntables and a mixer set up, hand have always made do with a single deck, mainly for space really.

This was my first (well sort of, mine was a Orange & Black kids type like this circa 1980)
    ae5cd0d312fc8f9dc697b242f398e18a.jpg

And then I can track my decks up to now:
    IMG_3438.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

ttusb_angle_lg.jpg

STANTON-Turntable-T-92-USB-M2-Direct-Drive-USB-1.jpg

pro-jectdebutcarbonevoacrylturntablesatinblackmelbournehifi_2048x.jpg

Here it is:

set up decks.jpg

Citronic (belt drive) decks, cost about ú30 each I think. They didnt have an internal power supply so my friend built on for me (the white box you can see), also just relaised they didnt even come in any kind of case/unit as they were supposed to be put into a DJ concle, so my friend buile the wooden frame that each of the deks are in.

And the classic MRT 60 mixer, I still think it look amazing. Still got mine and it mostly works.

DWG Warrior
    I think I had two Gemini turntables to start with and a realistic mixer from radio shack. I joined the Army and then was able to get Technics 1200s that took 6 months to pay off and a Gemini mixer with the gooseneck lamp for it.