Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DWG Warrior
    I started with a Realistic mixer from Radio Shack, and a pair of used Technics SLD202 I bought off a friend (they were direct drive but the torque was still kinda shit)

Eventually got a Gemini PMX 7 mixer and a pair of used 1200's (the same 1200s I'm still using 25 years later)

bought my 1200s in the late 90s... still got em, just had em serviced too!

DWG Warrior
    My 1st pair of turns was actually 1200s.. I knew I'd want em eventually, so figured it'd be more economical to skip buying 'entry level' turns. It felt like a monumental purchase at the time. 1st mixer was a pretty basic Gemini, forget the model name.

Quote Originally Posted by itschjake View Post
    My 1st pair of turns was actually 1200s.. I knew I'd want em eventually, so figured it'd be more economical to skip buying 'entry level' turns. It felt like a monumental purchase at the time. 1st mixer was a pretty basic Gemini, forget the model name.
    yep... I had seen people using Pro 150s or whatever they were called, also had a Gemini mixer, probably the same one!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Found pics of my setup.

These turntables were decent to be fair, would be a good deck for not mixing with a decent cartridge attached.

Attachment 11580
    Had nearly the same mixer as you, Bob!

Monacor.jpg

...but from another company. I think the product-type was licensed throughout Europe.
    In Germany we had the Monacor MPX-2SC and another variant of it from Conrad Electronics.
    From my memories the mixer was loud and crisp as well as undestroyable - except of the fader - which at the time had to be pimped up.
    Last edited by uralone; 01-09-21 at 08:12 AM.
    DO-City┤s Calling

DWG Warrior
    hahah yep everyone had that one in my area.

The x-fader was a piece of shit and made better for a couple of sessions with some WD40 before it completely corroded it
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uralone View Post
    I had the exact same one. Bought at Conrad for 69,-DM in 96.

DWG Warrior
    I think like most, I started with some shitty belt drive tables with a Realistic mixer (couldn't use the crossfader because it was leaking). Then eventually bought MK2's (which i got serviced), then M5G's, then PLX1000's and now the MK7's.

Needless to say, I love the gear itself but I will never forget the old crappy stuff I used when i first started.

ABS

DWG Warrior
    I had a JVC belt drive deck and amp that I’d bought at ú2 a week from my mums catalogue. Sparkdela had a Goodmans little stack system with a separate deck.. so we went half’s on a Tandy Realistic mixer and took turns looking after them. We both then bought a belt drive Citronic deck each with a twisty pitch adjuster so we had our first set up between us. I then bought a Gemini mixer like Cash Money had and we ended up splitting the Citronics up and having one each and our own other deck for years… Technics came much later on for both of us.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...