Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Rappers on social media - who's the worst?

Since the internet opened up with YouTube, Facebook and the rest we've been able to get more of an idea of the personality behind the artists we listen to. A lot of rappers have always had slightly sketchy views on things but this last 18 months or so has obviously seen some go into overdrive with all sorts of opportunities to air out their grievances with society.

Who's the worst and the ones which disappointed you the mostest? Post examples if possible. I don't actually follow many online (too much NBA/NFL talk, relentless promo and not much musical insight) so may have missed the ones that don't go viral. Feel free to mention the good ones too, that might be worth a follow.

{Inspired by a video of Busta going on an anti mask rant }

Main candidates:
    • Pete Rock (pretty much everything)
    • GZA (potential flat earther despite having an image of a very round planet earth on his LP cover. Probably some other stuff)
    • Talib Kweli (Self appointed Fun Police. Permanently outraged and arguing)
    • Lord Jamar (The OG of this whole steelo)
    • Kanye (MAGA)

I imagine KRS One would be horrendous.

Shan: Mostly for just talking shit often whilst really drunk. That said he has done a few decent interviews in the last year or so, so he can hold it together at times.

Daddy O: Will say something outlandish about another rapper just to get some attention, cant think of an example bump Ive seen him do it loads in the past.

DWG Warrior
    The best = J Zone

also shout to Dante Ross for also annoying the right people.

Worst of all time is also unfortunately a favourite producer, Minnesota. He believes every insane conspiracy theory going even the classic one about Fluoride turning you gay. He is mad homophobic and basically mental. His insta stories are a thing to behold, full of those mental dudes from 125th street that dress up like Egyptians and hate white people
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Hahaha just saw that’s Homeboy Sandman is a ‘free thinker’
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Ice Cube? Nick Cannon? Wiley? I'm not saying there isn't some truth in what they're saying but certainly the way they went about it, at least with Wiley, wasn't great.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    looks lik his booking agent or management just dropped him for a whole series of tour dates after he started telling people to ignore venue policies to wear masks, show proof of vax etc

Believing whatever is one thing but when it gets to the point where you start fucking up your income - and I would imagine an artist like him really needs those live shows - then it's just dumb behaviour.

Excellent free thinking there m8.

DWG Warrior
    I try not to let people’s idiocy impact on my enjoyment of their art (sometimes it’s impossible) however it would be easier to make a list of rappers that haven’t made cunts of themselves on social media.

DWG Warrior
    I stopped following Pete Rock for a while now, Q-Bert for his conspiracy theories.
    I agree on J-Zone! It's all about its passion for music
    Overall, it's a lot of daily bullshit for one cool anecdote from the past or a new sound from time to time.

DWG Warrior
    I feel like of nonsense went unchecked back in the day because we were all a lot younger and more impressionable, but also because we typically only heard from artists within the context of a song. Now - aside from us being older and wiser - its a lot more blunt seeing it in an Instagram post in the cold light of day, with no tasty beats or imagery masking it.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 3.48.48 PM.jpg