Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior

Fugees - The Score 25th Anniversary Mixtape Vol.1

Celebrating 25 years of Fugees classic LP 'The Score' with a mix of rarities, remixes, blends + original samples. One of the reasons I liked this album (and helped me to overlook Pras' subpar verses) was the fusion of dancehall reggae, so I took it 1 step further and added Cutty Ranks, Mad Lion, Buju Banton, Bounty Killer, Born Jamericans & Kulcha Don to the mix (& a dancehall remix of Bee Gees)

Vol.2 coming soon...

SOUNDCLOUD
    https://bit.ly/3x01H5F

YOUTUBE
    https://youtu.be/UZmB34JVYR4
    Last edited by djfilthyrich; 16-11-21 at 11:16 PM.

You’ve nailed it as usual fella. The dancehall adds to it nicely. If it was you who recommended that Cutty Ranks on this site some years ago then thanks. It’s one of my favourite party records.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by boogie down pyjamas View Post
    You’ve nailed it as usual fella. The dancehall adds to it nicely. If it was you who recommended that Cutty Ranks on this site some years ago then thanks. It’s one of my favourite party records.
    Thanks BDP......I have a feeling it was Step One who suggested the Cutty to you......bc I'm pretty sure he's the one who introduced me to that remix years ago

DWG Warrior
    peeped it yesterday, fantastic mix and production. i always feel that yours are more than just mixes, as there is so much more going on than just a few nice blends - another dope drop baby pa!

what is the Cutty Ranks OG track please?

Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    peeped it yesterday, fantastic mix and production. i always feel that yours are more than just mixes, as there is so much more going on than just a few nice blends - another dope drop baby pa!

Iíll send you the link.

DWG Warrior

This is the record it came from:
    https://www.discogs.com/release/2977...s-Armed-Deadly

DWG Warrior
    Thoroughly enjoyed listening to this. Forgot how much I like listening to L-Boogie. Thanks Filthy.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djfilthyrich View Post
    typical, a nice cheap one that will cost about 3 times the price to get posted!

i'd actually had it on my wants list for about 7 years after BDP played it me at his about 7 years ago

DWG Warrior
    typical, a nice cheap one that will cost about 3 times the price to get posted!

i'd actually had it on my wants list for about 7 years after BDP played it me at his about 7 years ago
    I actually have it on this, which also includes the rather excellent The Return with OGC

https://www.discogs.com/release/2560...-Remixes-Vol-1

now blocked on Discogs so doesn't help you much but happy to sell you mine if you want it (I recently picked up the official 12" of The Return)

[just to check, we are talking about the version of Armed & Deadly on the Bee Gees beat?]