Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,841

    KRS One - Higher Level instrumental

    Does this exist in any shape or form? Westwood used to use it to talk over on his shows but that might've been a loop of the same sample or something. Can't find any sign of a Return Of The Boom Bap instrumental LP but maybe its on one of the many Premier "unreleased instrumental" bootleg joints?

    Such a good beat and deserved more than what KRS did with it imo. Would've really suited the Group Home album for example
    Last edited by step one; 14-02-22 at 10:09 AM.

  2. #2
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    I'd Rather Jack
    Posts
    3,666
    ...or a Primo production for AZ's debut album.

  3. #3
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    Such a good beat and deserved more than what KRS did with it imo.
    Works well as the last track on the album but i know what you mean, has anyone else ever used the same sample?

  4. #4
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,841
    just looked up the OG sample. The only rap artist of note listed as using it is Prodigy on Return Of The Mac but its not the same part of the tune.

    https://www.whosampled.com/Gene-Page...rikes/sampled/


  5. #5
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    I got the unreleased instrus but this one isn't on it from what I can remember (I'd like to make vol. 11 and more as there is so many other Primo beats we could loop ).

  6. #6
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Collector Ponce
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by step one View Post
    just looked up the OG sample. The only rap artist of note listed as using it is Prodigy on Return Of The Mac but its not the same part of the tune.

    https://www.whosampled.com/Gene-Page...rikes/sampled/


    On a side note, does anyone else think that it’s insane that this LP has never had a vinyl pressing ? Probably my favourite Prodigy album and maybe the best work he did outside of Mobb Deep, I’ve not even seen a bootleg of any of the tracks I don’t think, never mind an official release ! :-(

  7. #7
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,841
    it came out in 2007 which was peak "vinyl is dead". Still, surprised Alchemist hasn't reissued it in a limited run of 367 copies at $500 a go with a free Infamous Mobb bandana.

    Maybe rights are tied up with Prodigy's estate - he was pretty prolific at times so I'm sure we'll get a bunch of unreleased material and reissues at some point.

  8. #8
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Boogie Down
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Mao View Post
    On a side note, does anyone else think that it’s insane that this LP has never had a vinyl pressing ? Probably my favourite Prodigy album and maybe the best work he did outside of Mobb Deep, I’ve not even seen a bootleg of any of the tracks I don’t think, never mind an official release ! :-(
    Have you heard the LP he done with Alchemist? Also no vinyl release, and for me easily his best work out of Mobb Deep.
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

  9. #9
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    I'd Rather Jack
    Posts
    3,666
    Stuck On You/Return Of The Mac came out on 12" tbf, although I would have much preferred it was Mac 10 Handle than Stuck On You.

    Sucked that Word Of Mouth Records was dead by that point because I bet they'd have released Raining Guns & Shanks on 12"


  10. #10
    Mac 10 Handle is so dope, I would have been all over this is vinyl dropped back in 2007... got the Return of The Mac 12" with the 1.99 price sticker on it, played it the other day.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •