Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 136 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1442
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by serch4beatz View Post
    Definitely this..i will never get the appeal
    from a 'portablist" point of view , 7" records are essential
    Purely for practical reasons, i recently got 2x pt01 TT's and a battery powererd mixer with innofader (which is seriously dope) cos i dont drive and i can carry that setup easily. its wicked, a new lease of life for djs who want to travel light..
    performance wise - (stock pt01) not a patch on 1200's and 12" etc but definitely good enough to scratch and juggle , once u develop that light touch.

my main issue is the price of many recent 7" hiphop records is they can b really expensive, puts them into the 'collectable' category instead of dj'ing. they are definetly going to get trashed using PT01's shitty stock ceramic stylii / tonearm (you can upgrade / mod these decks if u got the money. theres some seriously sick stuff on the market now courtesy of jesse dean / ritchie rufftone etc)

even dj tools can get super pricey just look at some of the recent dirtstyle 7" re-releases , 20 quid each aprox (and a lot more for the limited ones) , crazy money for a record thats designed to be trashed.
    Also - ?uestlove's Sufro Breaks. Would be so good to just go ham scratching and juggling with these records but 180 ? id be scared to even take them out the house! ok its for 7x7" but still thats 23 quid a record. and you would lose value of the whole set if any of them got scratched up

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/uestlove-sufro-breaks/654588-01/

Havin said that, theres loads of good ones for less, and its not that expensive to cut vinyl dubs on 7
    Last edited by theblend; 15-04-18 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    The 7" hype needs to stop.
    Playing devil's advocate a bit, why does it need to stop? If there's a demand (which there clearly is) then surely it's only good business sense that the demand is met... if you don't like 45's then it's very easy to not buy them, it's not like you have to or anything...

I actually think that 45's make a lot of sense from both a portability perspective and a shipping cost perspective, and obviously there's a lot of people who collect the format too who couldn't give a toss about their portability but just want their favourite tunes on that format... either way I think it's a good thing and I can see the vinyl market increasingly becoming split between 45's and EP's/LP's as 12"s are getting less and less economical, both to produce and to ship out...

*Disclaimer - there may be some DWG 45's on the way soon!

DWG Warrior
    For some DJ's it's about skill level & being the best. It's so damn tuff to finesse with 45's
    Other's it's about collecting & some just like 7" format (paws) (you get people who just buy records for the art work, so they can hang it on the wall)

It's so much easier to carry small records around, plus a sh*t tonne of music is only on 45' (Same as 12"s & LP's)
    But then again, most DJ's use a laptop, so that's kinda void..

I do struggle with the choices of the new releases though. A LOT of the music is readily available on a thicker, louder 12" pressing, with insts, acca's, remixes etc + 45''s wear out quicker.

180 for that ?uestlove's Sufro Breaks IS FUCKING INSAIN!!!!!

DWG Warrior
    Weren't the Show & AG ones up for presale on the SOS store for a bit?

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    Weren't the Show & AG ones up for presale on the SOS store for a bit?
    Anyone seen them available anywhere? I'm assuming the prices will be stupid but if they're not then I'd love a couple of them.

DWG Warrior
    But the 12” versions have more on them..

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    The 7" hype needs to stop.
    its the unnecessary reissuing of tracks on 7s that i find the most annoying, a fucking 4 minute version of Beat Bop ffs?!?

nothing against the format, got several hundred of them, but there really is no need for readily available tracks to be reissued on bubble gum pink vinyl with a scratch n sniff sticker

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    its the unnecessary reissuing of tracks on 7s that i find the most annoying, a fucking 4 minute version of Beat Bop ffs?!?

nothing against the format, got several hundred of them, but there really is no need for readily available tracks to be reissued on bubble gum pink vinyl with a scratch n sniff sticker
    I hear ya man- although if it was a track I wanted ,previously unavailable in 7 format and (most importantly) cheap , Id consider it useful!

But I definitely can see it from your point of view there and I feel the same annoyance at a lot of seemingly pointless (and expensive!) reissues of easy to find records on both 12 and 7 when theres so many rare gems that need the treatment.

If theyre going to reissue an already available record at least add bonus material or something.. its such a waste otherwise!

- Shaker , stilts , fair points raised !
    Last edited by theblend; 18-04-18 at 07:02 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    it’s the unnecessary reissuing of tracks on 7’s that i find the most annoying, a fucking 4 minute version of Beat Bop ffs?!?

^ This!

I like and buy 7"s and i can see why DWG and other labels are releasing new or old music on 7" (the new Oxygen & Paul Nice track is great!).

But this hype is just ridiculous.

DWG Warrior
    Willie the Kid x Alchemist - Masterpiece Theatre (2013) is going to be pressed on wax by Tuff Kong Records.
    It drops on Friday 25th of May.
    I really wanted that one on wax, such a dope project in my opinion.