Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 185 of 194 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1938
    DWG Warrior
    Was 'Somethings Got To Give' on anything else?

Swear I had or heard it on one of those 'Hidden Chambers' EPs

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by stilts View Post
    Was 'Somethings Got To Give' on anything else?

Swear I had or heard it on one of those 'Hidden Chambers' EPs
    That's on 12" if I'm not mistaking. Think I even have that one.

not sure if this one has been mentioned yet:

lord-Finesse-The-Awakening

https://www.discogs.com/Lord-Finesse...lease/17050605

Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post

That's quite shady by either Tommy Boy, Vinyl Me Please or possibly both!

DWG Warrior
    I think we can safely assume it's Tommy Boy who are still trying to recoup from their 80's and 90's artists because they are in a financial hole.

Prince Paul speaks extensively on it in the excellent 'So What Happened Was, podcast with Open Mike Eagle.

He doesn't throw them under the bus because he clearly had a better deal than most over the years but its obvious they completely ripped off Stet and De La Soul. The whole premise of the Gravediggaz is from them bumping their artists.

'Tommy ain't my mother fucking boy'
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post

what gets me with these needless reissues is the folks that already have the OG and then feel the need to buy the reissue to floss on the gram with multiple copies i notice it a lot with the 90's tapes releases, no one really needs Da Storm once, let alone 3 times

there are always records to buy, so why buy the same one over and over again???

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    what gets me with these needless reissues is the folks that already have the OG and then feel the need to buy the reissue to floss on the gram with multiple copies i notice it a lot with the 90's tapes releases, no one really needs Da Storm once, let alone 3 times

there are always records to buy, so why buy the same one over and over again???
    Let‘s not forget that we are dealing with a disease called „collecting“ here. And „showing off“ is his big brother

DWG Warrior
    This may be of interest to some folks here. Just hope some retailer will pick it up in Europe, 30 USD plus 45 USD flat shipping to Germany is insane.. Maybe we can get a group order in otherwise.

https://cranecitymusic.com/product/b...the-same-mind/

Quote Originally Posted by Beater Pan View Post
    This may be of interest to some folks here. Just hope some retailer will pick it up in Europe, 30 USD plus 45 USD flat shipping to Germany is insane.. Maybe we can get a group order in otherwise.

https://cranecitymusic.com/product/b...the-same-mind/
    I saw that yesterday and its $45 shipping to the UK too.

Got to be honest I'm a sucker for a 2LP reissue of an album I like so long as it adds something missing from the original single LP press such as missing tracks or a louder press. However I'm not buying a second copy of Keith Murray's second album just because its on red vinyl !!

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawster1976 View Post
    Got to be honest I'm a sucker for a 2LP reissue of an album I like so long as it adds something missing from the original single LP press such as missing tracks or a louder press. However I'm not buying a second copy of Keith Murray's second album just because its on red vinyl !!
    i get that, but often these releases don't offer anything more than the OG, in fact they are usually inferior quality as they've been pressed on horse apple splattered wax in a barn in the czech republic

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Gold View Post
    Lets not forget that we are dealing with a disease called collecting here. And showing off is his big brother
    the old adage; a fool and his money are soon parted, often springs to mind when i see these posts