Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 187 of 194 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1938
  1. #1861
    Quote Originally Posted by record-sniffer View Post
    Nice one, i can see the podcast with Bush Babees, i was hoping that it was going to be Gravity on 2LP but i think it will be the first.
    Knowing HHV it will be on some silly coloured vinyl
    Not sure why but I had it in my head that they're doing both Bush Babees albums... no idea where I got that from though, I guess time will tell!

  2. #1862
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    bury, lancashire
    Posts
    5,606
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    There is a Podcast with Da Bush Babees? Where will I find this please?
    there you go pal, gonna peep it myself now

    https://www.mixcloud.com/hhvrecords/...ees-the-nonce/

  3. #1863
    Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    Not sure why but I had it in my head that they're doing both Bush Babees albums... no idea where I got that from though, I guess time will tell!
    They posted photos implying both Bush Babees will get released on their Telegram page. Gravity on 2LP Gatefold with a bonus 7" apparantly

  4. #1864
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post
    Great record to be obsessed over to be fair.

    Japanese CD with OBI raer!
    what really bugs me is that when asked "do you have listened to all of your records" the answer is no way
    please go back collecting baseball cards and stop raising record prices for ppl who actually buy them for the sake of listening

  5. #1865
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishman View Post
    what really bugs me is that when asked "do you have listened to all of your records" the answer is no way
    please go back collecting baseball cards and stop raising record prices for ppl who actually buy them for the sake of listening
    I haven't read the article but in all fairness I haven't listened to ALL my records and neither will I ever have time to so I don't think that's particularly unusual... I think you can be both a collector and a listener... it's not one or the other...

  6. #1866
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by djshaker View Post
    I haven't read the article but in all fairness I haven't listened to ALL my records and neither will I ever have time to so I don't think that's particularly unusual... I think you can be both a collector and a listener... it's not one or the other...
    I agree. Sometimes the collector/hoarder in me takes over control and goes into a buying frenzy. About two years ago I came to the conclusion that I had way too many records that I had never listened to, so I decided to list all my records in Excel. I built in a formula that randomly selects a title from one of four sheets, and from that moment on I basically crossed off each and every record that I listened to. Since then I have listened to little 60% of the records I have (approx. 5500). Now of course I don't always stick to this method and just grab whatever I feel like listening, but it certainly made me (re)discover stuff I didn't know I had or hadn't heard in ages. I guess this is one of the few benefits from the whole Covid19 situation and working at home. Sorry for being a little nerdy...

  7. #1867
    Quote Originally Posted by manphat View Post
    there you go pal, gonna peep it myself now

    https://www.mixcloud.com/hhvrecords/...ees-the-nonce/
    Excellent, thank you, cant wait for to listen to it. I used to really dislike Da Bush Babees but I took a blind punt on their second album and really liked it (why I took a punt on it when I didn't like their first album I have no idea!) and then a few days ago check thier debut album and I think it sounds amazing now, including the tracks I used to dislike!

  8. #1868
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    definitely in the past...
    Posts
    2,690
    Gravity is one of my all time fav lps.. looks like I’ll soon be fiending to grab my 5th version of it before the flippers flip ����*♂️. Fingers crossed they do a black one.
    Just listened to Ambushed (booty) to confirm it is still one of my least fav lps I’ve ever bought.. the singles are deffo enough for me on that one.
    beats like ice cream, rhymes are like sprinkles...

  9. #1869
    anyone know when Gravity is dropping? never owned a copy on wax...

  10. #1870
    DWG Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dsseldorf
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    anyone know when Gravity is dropping? never owned a copy on wax...
    So far I think they've dropped releases on Thursday's, so given that they announced both Gravity and Ambushed for Feb its prob gonna be out this or next week, but just guessing here.

    As some friends have moved to communicating solely through Telegram I thought Id join the pseudo-exclusive Telegram group of the label. Not sure if this had been posted here already but they announced Boogiemonstas - God Sound for March a while back. Ive been on the lookout for the 2LP promo with the dope sticker for a while which isnt expensive either but it rarely pops up outside the US so I may consider copping.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •