Page 89 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    ^^^ I'm pretty sure the Discogs image is of the bootleg
    Word.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by raredave View Post
    ^^^ I'm pretty sure the Discogs image is of the bootleg
    Actually, you could be right..just checked mines and it seems to have an ever so slightly wider outer ring than the one pictured. Same label though, so the best bet is to ensure its got the SRC stamp

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Actually, you could be right..just checked mines and it seems to have an ever so slightly wider outer ring than the one pictured. Same label though, so the best bet is to ensure its got the SRC stamp
    Great Info. Thanks! It is good to know the OG has a stamp.

Thanks

Rob

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Think all the og release on elektra have the SRC stamp at this time

DWG Warrior
    hi folks
    can anyone provide run-out info on the gunrunners 'consequences' 12? got a copy recently and the labels look suspiciously new (though it was in a fairly old looking inner). can't find any evidence of a boot around, but you never know ...thanks in advance...

DWG Founding Member
    Side A:
    SDR-226-AR (close to the label)
    There's also what looks like a capital "M" on the same ring of the runout near the label, but my copy is beat to hell, so it could just be a scratch.

Side B:
    SDR-226-BR

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot La Rock View Post
    Side A:
    SDR-226-AR (close to the label)
    There's also what looks like a capital "M" on the same ring of the runout near the label, but my copy is beat to hell, so it could just be a scratch.

Side B:
    SDR-226-BR
    thanks for looking this up, sureshot l r...

hmmmm. Does it defintely have the 'R'? Mine is identical, with the 'M' marking too, (on close inspection it might be a very very small 'AM', but certainly an M), but doesnt have the 'R': I just have SDR-226-A / SDR-226-B. Pressing looks right: as the one on discogs, with a sort of wide, smooth-raised outer ridge, and a sharp inner ridge, with the inner ridge running through the 'g' of 'gunrunners' on the track title. If that is how the pressing is on yours, I doubt greatly that a bootlegger would have been capable or concerned to match up the runouts and pressing machine. And teh printing is very sharp; def not scanned. That level of detail is rarely if ever possible

DWG Founding Member
    There definitely looks like some squiggle there after the A and B, but it could just be me. My copy is so trashed that it could be a scratch. That M could very well have an A in there, too. It's so faint and small. Yours sounds like it's probably og.

DWG Warrior
    yeah I reckon I'm in the clear. thanks!

not really thr right thread but Rampage's 'Red Oktober' unreleased album from 94 is doing the mp3 rounds, pretty dope but very much of its era...