Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Dave from Chingford in North East London. Started buying around 1988/89 - EPMD's 1st lp was my first purchase, still love that album.

Got around a couple of thousand records, but nothing major rare like the those random rap 12's doing the circuit. Unlike many I can't bear to trade my vinyls -they mean so much to me as many were bought with last £10 in my pocket back in my student days.

I'm a huge Tottenham Hotspurs fan, so not only does my wife put up with all those records, but also the moods swings of poor Spurs supporter.

I've learnt loads from this site already - never realised how much music was out there.

DWG Warrior
    i just noticed i have blatantly lied...

i said im 18 when im 22.. whoopsie

DWG Warrior
    Dom from Chesterfield (presently). From Somerset originally, but lived all over (Gloucester, Oz, Cheshire, Brum). Been into hiphop since I was about 12 after hearing LL/I'm Bad on the Janice Long show (Cheshire was very poor for the commercial hiphop stations). Unlike seemingly every other UK hiphop fiend, I never owned any of the Streetsounds compilations, John Peel was my source of anything more unusual than PE/Run DMC/De La Soul (Altrincham & Northwich not being the Meccas of NYC musical culture that I'd have liked them to be). Have been spending the past 8 years or so attempting to obtain vinyl copies of tunes I'd taped off John Peel way back. As a youth, I dreamt of one day owning a Troop tracksuit and a big gold chain. Support Liverpool FC. I'm currently 33.

DWG Warrior
    Anthony, 31 (32 in a New York minute), London, still no wife or brats (although Yo Gabba Gabba suddenly makes me want one) since the last time we did this but no doubt a few more rekkids!

DWG Warrior
    My name is Scott originally from Dulwich, South London but reside in Palmers Green North London now. Live with my girlfriend, 10 year old daughter and 2 year old son. I was 31 last week.

My Brother got me into hip hop in the early eighties and have been hooked ever since. Record collection is about 90% hip hop with about 10% breaks, I have about 2000 or so records in total.

myspace.com/sajr

DWG Warrior
    Jem from Brighton 34
    B Boy since 84
    favourite album criminal minded which is where the 357 came from
    Always been into obscure wax.... oh and ive been djing for 20 odd years and the word turntablism sounds chaff, i cut with a chainsaw :wink:

DWG Warrior
    and a flymo strimmer....

DWG Warrior
    bonjourno folks. Ewan, 30 from brighton... that's the first time i've had to say i'm thirty ... harsh...

work in a record shop, love hip hop wax, Uk & US. been buying records since '92, got fully hooked after copping Nas -Illmatic from Krafty Kuts at the brighton record fair..

got a little baby girl and a girlfriend who keep me sane, and I can vouch for Jem's flymo cuts!

big ups to the DWG team, this site is dope already, looking forward to seeing the full website when it drops.

DWG Warrior
    hi,

user name is my proper name, andy.. heard about the forum from a cool kid i met in Austin last weekend (sorry, forgot your name!).

i am 1/2 of lotus land records (the shop) and 1/3 or lotus land records (the label). dont ask.

mostly a 45 collector , i love music from rap to opera, with a big emphasis on black independently produced music from 1966-2006.

favorite record of all time is probably little beaver 'do right man' on Saadia, favorite rap record of all time just might be Live n Effect Posse's ep.

i am also a jazz bassist, 1/11th of De La Buena, a really good afro/latin jazz ensemble from my home town of milwaukee.

whats up?

DWG Founding Member
    Andy -- Glad you could join the board!!!