Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    Hello Steve! 'bout time you got in here - got some nice records off you over the last few years :thumbup:

Hope you enjoy the banter and you should be able to add some knowledge too!

yes - welcome to No Comply - cool introduction, def had a few joints off you over the years...

DWG Warrior
    Me too

DWG Warrior
    sorry, and welcome!

DWG Warrior
    Me too. Welcome to the board.

Cheers guys for the warm welcome. Nice to see a few names i recognise and have had dealings with before.

DWG Warrior
    hi steve good to see on board here and a big dwg welcome peace sha...

DWG Warrior
    What's happenin'!?

Kyle, from Atlanta, GA. More specifically, Cabbagetown, just east of downtown Atlanta. Where the Georgia heads at!?

If you ever made it to ughh.com, then you may have seen the name, dunn mattingly. (I see you Mr. Lawson! - been a long time) Well, that's me. A lot of knuckleheads on that board, but some dudes with crates too. Big Atlanta sports fan, Braves, Falcons, and Hawks. I'm a Falcons season ticket holder, so feel free to toss any dog jokes at me, perhaps you have some new ones I haven't heard I enjoy tailgating and hanging out with friends. You may find me with a Pabst, Coors Light, Peroni, Stella, Jameson, or sipping Man Cokes (3/4 cup full of jager on ice topped off with red bull). But, my favorite drink is a Bloody Mary. That ain't just a Sunday drink for me. I collect sneakers and records. But, hell, I'll grab anything if it has value or I can flip it. I just sold a Lanier Meaders Face Jug on eBay for $1,2000 while days before I copped it for $10. WHAT WHAT! Biggest come up for me EVER. I just came back from a trip in Delaware to see my family. I went crabbing for the first time off some rivers in Maryland. Eating 8-9 inch crabs hrs. after you catch them is the way it should be done. Like any seafood, fresh is the best. I enjoy trout fishing with friends in North Georgia. I just played golf at a friend's wedding and shot damn near a 200, although I stopped keeping score after the 7th hole. I'm a humble dude and friendly to anyone that's not pretentious. I'm more comfortable in a dive bar than a trendy club. My girl keeps me grounded. The weather is getting cooler and less humid, so now is the time for a cookout. I enjoy cuddling on the toilet with a copy of Vice Magazine. I ramble on and on...

I don't wanna be "that guy" who just pops in with a For Sale or Want List, which I've already done This seems to be the place to build with like minded cats.

I'm 29, and grew up on hip hop. I loved the movie Breakin'. My mother copped that album along with a tape called "Street Beats," which I rocked daily. "Reckless" was my jam. That's still a NASTY cut! I longed for the day I'd meet someone who knew the name, Chris "The Glove" Taylor. I continued watching Yo! MTV Raps and Rap City, from "The Mayor" Chris Thomas to Prince Dejour, Joe Clair, and Big Lez.

Anyways, I love hip hop or rap or whatever you wanna call it. I'd read the liner notes on every album. I've got a sick memory with that, so that's why I do so well digging. I'm checking labels, area codes, affiliations, dates, spellings, etc. Still, I've passed on many things I'm sure. I love The Juice Crew, Wu, and DITC. Bootcamp too. But, that's not really the stuff I'm checking for. I want what others don't have. The obscure shit. I don't wanna go out to some spot and hear a cat spinning the same ol' Smiff n Wesson or Tribe or Wu or whatever. It's great music, but I heard that all day in '94 when the same cats were listening to crap rap and Pearl Jam. Hip hop nights are always the same here. Give me a B-side or remix dammit! Can I hear some K-Def or T-Ray? Christ, just give me ONE DITC affiliated joint. Give me something ignorant, The Convicts or Willie D.

A sample of the crate beside me which I dug out for a friend playing a local spot:
    Success n Effect - Ultimate Driveby
    Indo G & Lil' Blunt - Blame it on the Funk
    Finsta Bundy - Boogie Spirit/Bizm
    IFA - Rollin'
    Shazzy - Ghettosburg Address/Stone Walls
    Akinyele - Time Bomb/Outta State/No Exit
    Sah-B - Summa Day/Some Ol' Sah-B Shit
    DFC - Digga Bigga Ditch (Evil D remix)
    Tim Dog & KRS - I Get Wrecked
    Tim Dog - Step to Me
    Dirt Nation - Khadijah
    Death - Possessed by the Ouija Board LP
    Project Pat - Ooh Nothin' (SICK BEAT)

Most of my collection is from the early 90's. That's when I started buying wax. But, anything from the 80's and up is cool with me. I hate digging up gems (Main Source "Think/Atom" & Cool C "Juice Crew Dis) then going online only to find out they're represses. But, I'm usually in the dollar bin, so it's never a big loss.

I love music PERIOD. Pretty much everything in the 80's. Rock/Metal: Guns n Roses, Slayer, old Metallica. I think Automatic Man's first album is a BANGER. Love some Phil Manzanera and Brian Auger's Oblivion Express. More into the rock, funk, psych, prog stuff. Just give me some dope drums.

I'm not as bored and lonely as the length of this post may suggest. HAHAHA!

I'll holler :bigsmile:

that is a funky introduction of how nice you are.

welkomen!

RD

DWG Warrior
    that's what's up!

thanks!