Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 80 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Word - really good to have you on-board at last!

Checkoutwax/Adam was one of the main dudes on the old Vinyl Exchange forum. Lots of knowledge and dope graf skills to boot. The first time I went to Australia, I randomly walked into the record store he owned!

Extend a warm DWG welcome! :bigsmile:

DWG Warrior
    Don't know about the dope graf skills part but I was definitely a very active writer for many years.

It's good to be finally on here!

Oh and I forgot I owned a record store, haha. Forgot to include that in my rap life story.

I took over Next Level Records (Sydney's premier hip hop store) in mid 2006 and rebranded it Soul Clap Records. We didn't have much in the way of oop records but we had a killer CD / new vinyl selection. Unfotunately it didn't receive the support needed and I sold it off in late 2008.

DWG Warrior
    so you must know Josie, small world :bigsmile:

DWG Warrior
    Cro:>so you must know Josie, small world :bigsmile:
    Josie worked for me! She was my publicist, she actually moved to Brisbane to work for Shogun but missed the beach and other things and had to bail out! She was great though. Need to give her a call and say g'day actually.

DWG Warrior
    welcome Checkoutwax:wink:
    Dam i love this site!!

DWG Warrior
    yeah I knew her through Lotek who's now moved to Oz, she used to listen to my radio show when I was doing it live and keep me very entertained / awake at 2am on a monday night through the powers of msn hahaha

DWG Warrior
    Mads, 27 years old from Odense, Denmark. Been listening to Hiphop since 95/96. In the late 90's I ended up having collected 400 of the best albums on CD . Slowly I realised that I had to collect vinyl instead. I saw some pages (Raredave) , hiphops-vinylheaven, etc. on the net and finally made the decision. Thanks guys! Today I got 3000 records (only Hiphop)
    Odense is the 3rd largest city in Denmark. Not much "real" hiphop going on. Soccer, tabletennis, rare beers and rare hiphopvinyl is basically my life.
    No Kids, no wife. Works as a kindergarten teacher.

Peace!

:bigsmile:

welcome Madds, great to have you here, another day another Dane!

DWG Warrior
    Checkoutwax:>Don't know about the dope graf skills part but I was definitely a very active writer for many years.

It's good to be finally on here!

Oh and I forgot I owned a record store, haha. Forgot to include that in my rap life story.

I took over Next Level Records (Sydney's premier hip hop store) in mid 2006 and rebranded it Soul Clap Records. We didn't have much in the way of oop records but we had a killer CD / new vinyl selection. Unfotunately it didn't receive the support needed and I sold it off in late 2008.
    under what name you used to write or is it still undercover;-)?

I met some peeps back in the day from oz...in holland and just curious if i know your stuff...hehehe

DWG Warrior
    Wuttup diggers worldwide! I'm Ryan, 33 from Detroit Michigan. I weant to school for Construction Engineering from 94-98 & worked in that field recently until sum bitch slammed into the back of my bimmer & totalled it & my back . I have two beautiful Children, not married.......yet? I am really into anything Hip Hop, hobbies also include many Pets (Rottweilers & various aquariums), Radio Control Vehicles, Xbox live & smoking DANK!

I got into hiphop around 86' Didn't really start collecting vinyl until 93'. I have never let up since then. Buying collections & going on digging trips throught the US. Back in 98 there was a really dope local shop called Dub Plate Preassure. I actually traded the owner a car in exchange for store credit! Sound crazy? We made the same transaction again in 00' for yet another car!

Once I graduated High School I started working for a local retail music chain called Harmony House. In 01' a good friend of mine & I opened a record store in Detroit called The Wax museum. The store was really on point! It was only Hip Hop related. We sold all Hip Hop wax & breaks. We also sold gear & Graf supplies. We were the 1st people in the area to really cater to the graf seen. Zebroksi & Wayne from COD laced our store with End To End Burners! We held open mics & the whole lot. It was a staple int he Detroit Hip Hop scene until the city we were in gave us problems. They wanted us out. Graffiti was turning up alll over the town LOL.

Along with the Wax Museum I have hosted numerous monthly Hip Hop nights & promoted/thrown tons of Hip Hop shows in the Detroit area. I still play out quite a bit in Detroit by the name ST33LO & remain very connected in the Detroit Hip Hop scene. I take great pride in playing alongside people like Eminem, Slum Village, Proof, Binary Star (our kids play together :}), Jay Dee & all the many great artists from THE D! Things are alot slower now that my kids are active in music & sports. I still slang music out my basement to local heads & do the whole Ebay/ Discogs thing. I'm sure soem of you have probably bought shit from me in the past.

As far as collecting I have about 7k records all together & collect everything from Hip Hop to R&B, Soul, Funk, Library, Jazz, DNB, IDM (trip hop), Psych Rock...........shit, just good music man. But 75% of my collection is Hip Hop. My main focus while diggin is Detroit Hip Hop. It's cool to see Detroit on the map more in the Random Rap seen as well. There are so many good records out the D!

My biggest claim to shame would have to be that i've been registered on this forum since April of 08' I'm just now starting to post :shamed: