Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 463 of 465 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465 LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 4646

Thread: new hip hop

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial_Mao View Post
    I’m mystified why artists who are as “big” as GFK or MF Doom would Put releases out in this fashion ? They already have massive audiences of fanboys who support their projects so do they need to go the Ltd route ?
    Is it just to grab a little of the labels “hypebeast” shine ? Allowing them to bask in the labels success ? No hate, just don’t really see the logic ?
    I suspect Ghost was probably dropped by Def Jam so is free to do Indie deals.

I'm sure the money is better out of something like this than anything on a major and getting dribbles from Youtube and Spotify. You will get a straight fee from the Indie label.

Why do you think he is still touring like a so much?
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    ...it's only vinyl that's limited so they won't loose any sales...

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Disaster View Post

Why do you think he is still touring like a so much?
    i don’t know but based on his recent pre-show behaviour in Newcastle he probably shouldn’t be, was a proper twisty cunt, pissing the promoter about all day wether he was going to play or not right up until he actually hit the stage.
    Now that I could have forgiven if the show had been incredible but it was fairly mediocre to be honest, not terrible but certainly not the show you’d expect from someone as deep in the game as he is.
    Don’t get me wrong I understand that artists are people and have bad days like the rest of the world however, when you go to work you should. leave that shit at the door, irrespective if you’re a rapper, a welder or a doctor and to be fair it’s probably the easier of the three !
    It was just sad that he didn’t appreciate that there was a club full of fans who’d paid hard earned cash to see him.

DWG Warrior
    he could put on one of the best live shows but poor song choice seems to let him down (and the number of hype men depending whose on tour with him)

DWG Warrior
    New Muggs and Roc Marci album preorders started today too, christ Roc and Muggs have been busy, wish the metal clergy would hurry up tho! Shout to stilts on the heads up

DWG Warrior
    That Ghostface album looks like such a hackjob Frankenstein's monster of random guest verses Pro-Toolsed together

DWG Warrior
    ^no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Cro View Post
    New Muggs and Roc Marci album preorders started today too, christ Roc and Muggs have been busy, wish the metal clergy would hurry up tho! Shout to stilts on the heads up
    Dope - Roc said he might drop 2-3 more projects this year. If it was Metal Clergy, the one with ALC and one with Tip and Busta it would be the illest run ever.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    ...it's only vinyl that's limited so they won't loose any sales...
    Vinyl "limited" to 4'290 copies according to Bandcamp page.
    Plus you get the honor of being fisted for £5 tax when you go to order. Add on the ludicrous shipping prices & you got yourself a one night fling with a sting.

In all honesty, it's nice seeing larger quantities getting pressed up.

DWG Warrior
    LMFAO @ the label billing this bullshit as a Lost Tapes album.

Anyone who actually shells out money for a Ghostface & 15 various rappers hackjob album with beats from a novelty blogger-turned-producer + interludes from Michael Rappaport deserves to be fleeced, imho.
    Last edited by BB; 06-10-18 at 12:14 PM.

DWG Warrior
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.