Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: enjoy your wax

DWG Warrior
    stax-o-wax:>
    Anthony:>Play your records? :shocked: Sounds like an outrageous idea to me!
    I just thought all this shit was like top trumps......

:bigsmile:
    Believe me mate some people have no intention of playin'their shit,just sittin' there looking at it!!!!!:tongue:
    I'm with you all the way. For me records are for playing, trainers for wearing, books for reading......
    There's no point, IMO, in just keeping them on a shelf.

DWG Warrior
    Anthony:>
    stax-o-wax:>
    Anthony:>Play your records? :shocked: Sounds like an outrageous idea to me!
    I just thought all this shit was like top trumps......

:bigsmile:
    Believe me mate some people have no intention of playin'their shit,just sittin' there looking at it!!!!!:tongue:
    I'm with you all the way. For me records are for playing, trainers for wearing, books for reading......
    There's no point, IMO, in just keeping them on a shelf.
    Good to hear that you enjoy actually listening to your vinyl,not just collecting records just to brag about.:wink::thumbup::cheer:

DWG Warrior
    Its all about the ringwear baby, hmm maybe should rephrase that coming from brighton aiii

Have many of you trimmed your collection down to the point where you've removed 12's by the legends of hip hop? I'm thinking of the LL's, Eric B's, Public Enemy's etc. Obviously a lot of us could justify it based on do you really need every record, especially the weaker releases, by a particular artist? If you haven't had them on the deck for years should you really keep hold of it?

Personally I wouldn't get rid of them, even kept my copy of I Need Love :shamed: but sometimes I do wonder.

DWG Warrior
    Campag Record:>Have many of you trimmed your collection down to the point where you've removed 12's by the legends of hip hop? I'm thinking of the LL's, Eric B's, Public Enemy's etc. Obviously a lot of us could justify it based on do you really need every record, especially the weaker releases, by a particular artist? If you haven't had them on the deck for years should you really keep hold of it?

Personally I wouldn't get rid of them, even kept my copy of I Need Love :shamed: but sometimes I do wonder.
    I was thinking the same recently. I have all those Run Dmc, Steady B, Roxanne Shante , Schoolly D etc 12"s & LPs which are all quality, but how often do I really pull them out of the shelf? That's the terrible part about collecting - the deeper you get into it, the more you buy & there seems no way out

DWG Warrior
    Azeez:>
    Campag Record:>Have many of you trimmed your collection down to the point where you've removed 12's by the legends of hip hop? I'm thinking of the LL's, Eric B's, Public Enemy's etc. Obviously a lot of us could justify it based on do you really need every record, especially the weaker releases, by a particular artist? If you haven't had them on the deck for years should you really keep hold of it?

I was thinking the same recently. I have all those Run Dmc, Steady B, Roxanne Shante , Schoolly D etc 12"s & LPs which are all quality, but how often do I really pull them out of the shelf? That's the terrible part about collecting - the deeper you get into it, the more you buy & there seems no way out
    I had the same thoughts,But it came down to just keeping quality records not just having a huge collection.:wink:

DWG Warrior
    azeez i feel what you said. same situation here.
    it especially goes for the singles. but you know it's HARD to separate from records. be it to sell or trade, it's always difficult for me. we all got the same problem i think...

DWG Warrior
    stax i never had "having a big collection" as an objective. but as time went by it got bigger without me really noticing until the day i had no more free space in my music room.
    so i think it just...happens
    and nomatter what you collect, records or smurf figures, there's always that/those item(s) you just need :tongue:

DWG Warrior
    kub:>stax i never had "having a big collection" as an objective. but as time went by it got bigger without me really noticing until the day i had no more free space in my music room.
    so i think it just...happens
    and nomatter what you collect, records or smurf figures, there's always that/those item(s) you just need :tongue:
    Thats cool,Although I still think that a few people just buy everything & anything...Greg Vulgar knows what I mean :wink::tongue::smile: