Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thought I'd create a sticky to post up when we update the site. Most of you will already have seen K-Prince's interview, but there's a new review up today as well - the excellent T.D.S. Mob's debut 12".

More reviews comin' very shortly - and with more regularity, once my slumbering sidekicks spring into action! :bigsmile:

Chr!s:>

More reviews comin' very shortly - and with more regularity, once my slumbering very busy parental sidekicks spring into action! :bigsmile:
    :bigsmile:

DWG Warrior
    Great review.

I need a copy of that 12" its a favourite.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

Reading reviews like that makes me really, really wish I owned the record.

On a side note another record I've wanted forever after hearing John Peel play it was Taking Your Business - Long Live Hip Hop. Imperial Mao informs me one just went for $250 or so. Why oh why didn't I spend the 90's hunting out these records which I'll now NEVER own due to cost :cry:

Hey Campag, you've still got a chance, a mint copy of 'Taking Your Business - Long Live Hip Hop' got sold for £1 last week in the bargain crates of a well known Manchester record shop, so keep looking:wink:

rap-n-scratch:>Hey Campag, you've still got a chance, a mint copy of 'Taking Your Business - Long Live Hip Hop' got sold for £1 last week in the bargain crates of a well known Manchester record shop, so keep looking:wink:
    You are joking!!! I was on a record shopping trip to Manchester last Tuesday but certainly didn't see that one. You have me intrigued now. I went to King Bees, Beatin' Rhythm, Fat City, Vinyl Exchange & Vinyl Revival. Please don't tell me it was found in any of those shops?

I did get Salt N' Pepper I Am Down for £3 in V.E. so that really is some consolation :shamed: :sad:

It was VE! Did you check the cheap crates, there was a 'Princess Ivory - Crackpipe' in there for £1 as well a couple of weeks ago...

DWG Warrior
    rap-n-scratch:>It was VE! Did you check the cheap crates, there was a 'Princess Ivory - Crackpipe' in there for £1 as well a couple of weeks ago...
    Oh Dear ! Campag will not be happy...:cry:

rap-n-scratch:>It was VE! Did you check the cheap crates, there was a 'Princess Ivory - Crackpipe' in there for £1 as well a couple of weeks ago...
    I really hope you? got it on the Monday or early Tuesday morning because that leaves me with a sick feeling thinking I might have missed that :cry:

I was looking through the cheap box and I was getting towards the end of the box when my mate shouted me over to the counter as they'd got a pile of good LP's in, of which I didn't buy any. I didn't return to the cheap box as I was sick of looking through the rubbish. I refuse to believe I flicked past it :shamed:

Don't beat yourself up about it, it wasn't in the hip hop cheap crate, the best finds are the records that have been put in the £1 crates, the ones on the other side of the racks... I'm sure you wouldn't have flicked past it if it had been in the hip hop crate :smile: