Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    in The netherlands i see tons of schooly d records around shops....also the yellow psk thing but i guess reissue or boot...i'm not interested though.

DWG Warrior
    [quote] Tha_Disc_Eater:>I love the pre-88 stuff ...."Saturday Night / Do It Do It" is one of my favourite records of all time.

blockquote>

word!
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

drapostolos:>

not seen that for a few years! and never seen a coloured version since, that came with a bunch of classics like "roxanne", "peter piper", "its a demo", "eric b for pres" from a junk shop near me... so its def a mid 80s press.

pz

RD

DWG Warrior
    I've got a T-La Rock "It's Yours" with exactly the same sort of drawing on it - I'll dig it out over the weekend!

Tha_Disc_Eater:>I've got a T-La Rock "It's Yours" with exactly the same sort of drawing on it - I'll dig it out over the weekend!
    haha - that was another record I bought on that day... all for £2 each...

DWG Warrior
    Actually, I just dug it out and it looks utterly shit compared to the schoolly d one! (I don't even know why I kept this copy at all it's battered)

[img]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/ilusivehiphop/P1010207.jpg" border="0" "Photobucket">

Perhaps an earlier effort from the same artist :tongue:

DWG Warrior
    hahaha I like a bit of outsider art. :bigsmile:
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Haha - yeah, check this.........

DWG Warrior
    drapostolos:>Any chance you can post pics of your different pressings? I noticed there are ones distributed by Warlock (I guess those are later pressings) and others distributed by Sound Makers.... are there other distributors?
    I am the owner of a broken printer/scanner combo. It is a piece of crap from HP.
    But I'm working on getting a replacement. A nice, large flatbed scanner.

In the meantime, check out [url=http://board.oldschoolhiphop.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2097&start=0">THIS POST[/url] about the P.S.K. that I believe is the very first one. It doesn't say Distributed by Soundmakers or Warlock. Down at the bottom of the label it just says ''Schoolly-D Records 1739 N. Wilton St. Phila. Pa. 19131''. There is no phone number and no lyric warning. Once you see this label you will immediately notice where things were added to subsequent labels. Sometimes things were whited out and new stuff written over it. All the writing on this original label is very clean. I am almost positive this is the first. It has to be. The later labels all have writing on them that looks like it was added to the original artwork such as....
    ''(609)-456-0119''
    ''Distributed by Soundmakers NJ''
    ''Distributed by Warlock Records NY''
    ''This Side'' & ''Other Side''
    ''This Recording Contains Explicit Language''
    ''SD112-G'' instead of just SD112

This first label, The N. Wilton St. label, numbers and lists the songs as...
    1. P.S.K.-What does it mean?
    2. Gucci Time

The later labels will say...
    This Side P.S.K.-What does it mean?
    Other Side Gucci Time

or even swapped like this....
    This Side Gucci Time
    Other Side P.S.K.-What does it mean?

Tha_Disc_Eater:>Haha - yeah, check this.........

is that a picture of a robot vomiting on a birdy??
    wtf???