Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DWG Warrior
    What do heads think of this song?

I hated it when I heard it on the radio, but when it popped up on ELECTRO 16 it severely grew on me, and I've loved it ever since.

Teddy Riley certainly had his own pre-New Jack Swing sound in the 80s (see KOOL MOE DEE / TONY TEE / B FATS etc)

PEACE

DWG Warrior
    I like it but was introduced to it on a Jive compilation

Love this track, just a shame the Rooftop press spins at 45rpm.

RD

DWG Warrior
    I remember buying the UK press of this and the same of Ultra's "Travellin" on the same day in my local "Our Price" back when it came out...

I really like the follow up track "Classical II is back" as well - probably play that one more often these days, did they do any other records? If so I don't own any others.

DWG Warrior
    No only two CLASSICAL II songs, I know of too. never even heard NEW YORK IS ON FIRE (flip of CII is back)...

Although K BORN ALLAH was a member of KWAME & THE NEW BEGINNING? polka dots? nah.

DWG Warrior
    Raps New Generation is a great record, always loved it. Yeah the US version running at 45 is annoying.
    aka DJ JUST-1............. "So what you on, huh, dope or dog food?"

DWG Contributor
    One of my all-time favourite cuts. As Disc Eater says, Classical II is Back is great as well. Shame they didn't do more. If memory serves New Generation mixes into Payback's a mutha on Hip-Hop 16?

DWG Warrior
    ^ correct. I love the raps and the MC styles, vocies, and that instrumental is unique... I heard the bassline sampled on stuff sice. did it originate on NEW GENERATION?

DWG Contributor
    Great tune - classic joint
    Marching across this war-torn land, Liberty Grooves is here to bruise the bland...

www.facebook.com/solidnmindrap

www.whirlwindd.bandcamp.com

www.kanefm.com

DWG Warrior
    MreD:>^ correct. I love the raps and the MC styles, vocies, and that instrumental is unique... I heard the bassline sampled on stuff sice. did it originate on NEW GENERATION?
    There's a Nice & Smooth track that samples the bassline, "How To Flow" from memory....