Welcome to the DWG Forums.
    DWG Warrior
    Left a box of records (which turned out to be hip hop) in my dads garage instead of taking it to my storage unit with the rest of my wax. Got a phone call yesterday from my mum saying she was going through the garage and looked at the records and they were a bit damp. Aaaargh .... checked them out yesterday and half were ok but the other half have this weird patternation on them. Anyone know what the best way to clean them is and should invest in some new white sleeves after ive dried the picture covers out?

Luckily nothing too rare but a lot of LP's i paid £10-15 for (Black Bastards, Intoxicated Demons) need some attention.

bin the paper sleeves and get them professionally cleaned!

DWG Warrior
    I dont think i can afford to send them away for a professional clean. The majority of the ones that do need a clean only have a small area of the pattern on them so i think i should be able to manage that myself. Ive cleaned far worse of records before. I will need to get some nice paper sleeves. Anyone know where the best place to get the American style white sleeve rather than the crappy newer UK one?

same happened to me when i moved out of my dads in inverness down to edinburgh
    he put all my shit in the garden shed
    luckily i never got the damp on my wax covers though

DWG Warrior
    No need to send them away it's easy to clean mould off, kitchen sink, cold water and some washing up liquid. Just use a soft sponge with a little washing up liquid on it around the record then rinse off under the tap and leave to dry.
    You can always clean again after with some alcohol but you don't really need to, trust me we do it all the time in the shop!
    Just watch older labels like Blue Note as sometimes the colour runs a bit but that's just on real old labels.

DWG Warrior
    i used a little bit of vodka on a copy of JEWEL T I LIKE IT LOUD when it came from america covered in mould and damp it came up atreat