Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 1008 of 1012 FirstFirst ... 850890895899810061007100810091010 ... LastLast
Results 10,071 to 10,080 of 10111
    DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by francois parker View Post
    Original Concept - Straight From The Basement

Minted up on this one, my old copy had numerous skips on side-b, in recent weeks I have come to the conclusion that this is one of the best albums of that era , not sure this is a widely held opinion though.
    One person who would probably agree is Doctor Dre , listened to a interview with him recently and he's a bit full of himself.
    the man has had his leg amputated and is partially blind from type 2 diabetes, let him live!
    Personally, seeing Dre sitting behind his Technics on Yo! was on the things that made me want a set of decks.

he's also responsible for one of my favourite radio drops ("this is Doctor Dre sweatin the butter! If you sweat cheese like I sweat butter, you'll be listening to the Capital Rap Show..." )

DWG Warrior
    Nipped into HMV before to cop me mum the obligatory new Daniel O'Donnell album I get her every Christmas and noticed The Chats' album on CD in there. Didn't even realise it was released to CD. Had to cop, natch.

The Chats - Pub Feed (2020)

Also got the 12" of Michigan & Smiley's Tom's Diner on the way to me via the 'Bay of Dreams. Cheers to whoever recommended it to me in the Best Cover Versions thread.

Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde ‎– Gettin' Money

crazy track.

DWG Warrior
    ^^^ Their best. Pity they didn't have a couple of Pumpkin tracks for their album.

Anyhoo, my Michigan & Smiley 12" came, and I also copped the 2nd Pharcyde album on CD. Finally warmed to that album recently after being disappointed by it when it dropped.

DWG Warrior
    Don’t buy much vinyl due to Canadian dollar being in a funk and shipping cost. But snatched these that I wanted

C-town-Money and fame 12”
    Big U the Exquisite-Day break 12”
    The Wastelands-Find out 12”
    Natruel-naturel on top 12”
    Larry O-kkk 12”

DWG Warrior
    I had a very fruitful walk at lunchtime.

Local shop got a Hip Hop collection the other week and been waiting for him to clean the 12"s. I had all the decent LP's he got in but came a way with a nice haul of collection fillers and some doubles which I need picture covers for. Also had a few cheapo funk and soul LP's.

Dude was a DJ so they not all in best nick with bpm stickers etc but cant complain.

findz jan21.jpg
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.

DWG Warrior
    Nice! I'm having a moment and can't place the fourth record in the last row...what is it?

DWG Warrior
    ^ Think that's Eddie Kendricks Going Up In Smoke.

DWG Warrior
    It's Eddie Kendricks -Goin Up In Smoke

Not one of his best to be honest. The Norman Harris / Philly Disco mixed with preachy Jesus lyrics thing grates a bit but the title track is decent and like the track 'Don't You Want Light'.

Blank one is Brass Fever 'Time Is Running Out' which is the definition of a one tracker. Avoid this terd and just get the title track on 45 which is a lovely song featuring the Jones Girls.
    Hypnotical Gases - Keeping my proboscis out of the dirt.