Welcome to the DWG Forums.
Page 513 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563613 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 10092
    DWG Warrior

2 cats (one is shy) and a dog. They can all get along after a year or two of getting used to each other.
    Plus a wife and baby in a 1 bedroom. I can't wait for construction to be completed in my next spot. Should be by the end of the month.

wow - that must be tight Doc! bet you can't wait to move

DWG Warrior
    & 3,000 records.
    It was fine (although quick to get messy) before the baby. Now it's madness.
    Babies require crazy amounts of space. I see why people move to the suburbs...
    But I'm staying uptown. My new spot is in the same complex.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by docstrange View Post
    Babies require crazy amounts of space.
    Word !

I HAD a record room, sold around 500 records before she came and moved my records into the living room.

The old "record room" is now the "baby room".

"Babies require crazy amounts of space." yeah

but they are also soooo wonderfull !!!

enjoy

DWG Warrior
    ^ No doubt. She is wonderful!

DWG Founding Member
    A couple of recent pick-ups:

Each of them have really interesting bits of info, but check the massive one in the middle (11x17, I think). One of the "Special Added Attractions" is none other than Kurtis Blow's Disco Son -- DJ Run. Show produced by R. Rush.

Also dig on the flyer sitting second from right in the top right corner... Late 1985 Mike & Dave featuring Emanon, Rob Base, Super Nature, and Biz (he used to pass out flyers for Mike & Dave -- wonder whether this was the first flyer he was featured on as a performer?)! Wonder what happened to Bud Base.

The ones with Mikey D & LA Posse include that classic pose from the photo shoot with Paul C (seems like there was some sort of Elite/Public-related tour in 1987 with Marauder & Fury, Mikey D, Heartbeat Brothers, and Superlover Cee & Casanova Rud [not sure why they were on the line-up]).

Here are some of the half-size flyers. I'm a sucker for joints with pictures of OJs.

Bottom right corner is a nice one as well... Boogie Down Bronx vs. Money Makin Manhattan: Theodore & Fantastic Romantic vs. Crash Crew; Caz & JDL vs. Rayvon & Johnny Wa... Classic Buddy Esquire.
    Last edited by Sureshot La Rock; 10-01-13 at 03:22 AM.

DWG Warrior
    Just filling holes and minting-up, thanks to DJ Shaker:

DWG Warrior
    They're absolutely amazing mate. Wow, some serious hip-hop history! If I had them in my house I would never go out, I'd just end up studying them all day! Cheers for posting!

The flyers are incredible. And they're in the right hands for preservation, luckily.

DWG Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The flyers are incredible. And they're in the right hands for preservation, luckily.
    Preservation and erm, presentation Sureshot ? That book idea is becoming more realistic every time I read new piece of info sir.

These flyers are incredible fella. Lovely to see Rayvon on a flyer, the Mikey D pose, the Kurt Blow mention with DJ Run, thats banoodles. One thing is actually quite funny, Ive never heard of anyone called MC Arnie Arn. One of my oldest friends from home used that as his name was Arnold [We called him Arny, not as exotic]. Even though the dates are a bit later on some of these, who cares, flyers from 1988 are still beautiful. Youve got em all. Thanks again SLR, great shots.